The Misogyny of Climate Deniers

Mar 2019
California
People already believed. How do you think she got elected? She didn't invent progressivism.
No.That was invented by Karl Marx. Eugene Debbs. John Maynard Keynes ,Friedrich Engles ,and all others who think entitlement is more important than achievement. Progressivism is just another word for adjusting to the LOWEST common denominator.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Yeah, I'm for all that stuff too. Now explain why you're not agreeing with me all the time. :rolleyes:

Or better yet, just talk more about yourself, because it's fascinating.

You talked about me... What I supposed to just let you lie about me?

Its you not agreeing with me, i was against all this long before your party told you to be against it... meaning they still do it, you still vote for them, but hey they told you so its ok.

Jan 2007
There is a tie between the rise of right wing populists here and in parts of Europe and the rise of white supremacists and white nationalists and even with the incells and the tie that binds them is the changes that Western societies are moving toward that are knocking white males from the dominant spot they held for so long and it threatens them and they're lashing out. It's showing up in different ways. Some are just using words to degrade and belittle personalities, mostly females, who are pushing for the changes that so many white men fear. Greta Thunberg and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are two of those personalities.

The author points out that it lines up with the gender gap in this country when it comes to climate change. Ocasio-Cortez has been the brunt of a tremendous backlash from conservative men. They are absolutely obsessed with her. I see it here and on social media. She clearly is seen as a threat by them.
The threat if there is one, dumb ideas get embraced by shiny new personalities. She has obviously caught your attention.

Jan 2007
Every one of those 25k jobs would have costed NY tax payers 150k USD. While this country has full employment currently.
So yes, it actually was smart not to wast 3 billion $ in subsidies and tax gifts to amazon.
Now you run for the folks of financial irresponsibility, so wouldn’t get any of it... yet it’s still worth to mention it.
Future tax breaks do not come out of your current treasury. Those new jobs generate tax revenue for the local, county , state and federal coffers. Paychecks get spent into the local economy. Paychecks get taxed.

Jan 2007
There is a tie between the rise of right wing populists here and in parts of Europe and the rise of white supremacists and white nationalists and even with the incells and the tie that binds them is the changes that Western societies are moving toward that are knocking white males from the dominant spot they held for so long and it threatens them and they're lashing out. It's showing up in different ways. Some are just using words to degrade and belittle personalities, mostly females, who are pushing for the changes that so many white men fear. Greta Thunberg and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are two of those personalities.

The author points out that it lines up with the gender gap in this country when it comes to climate change. Ocasio-Cortez has been the brunt of a tremendous backlash from conservative men. They are absolutely obsessed with her. I see it here and on social media. She clearly is seen as a threat by them.
Greta Thunberg's Ties to High Finance
Greta Thunberg's Ties to High Finance