The "Next Civil War"

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
We should be discussing the next Civility War. Where people go to the front lines to respectfully disagree with one another - then put it all aside when 5pm hits to join with each other as a community.
Actually the fun people do this...it is called Happy Hour. :)

May 2007
Houston, Texas
There is already a battle going on between the Deep State and the current President. It's not one of a physical nature, but it's a battle just the same.
What you call the "Deep State" is reasonable republicans. The current president is a fucking moron. The political battle is for the future of the republican party.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
What you call the "Deep State" is reasonable republicans. The current president is a fucking moron. The political battle is for the future of the republican party.
No, the Deep State consist of RINOS and Democrats, both of whom have tried to destroy Trump from day one. Also, it's some in government, who have worked behind the scenes to frame Trump and to work towards removing him from office.

Hillary was a slimeball, liar and cheat, the most despicable person ever to run for higher office.

I am so glad Trump won the election.

May 2007
Houston, Texas
No, the Deep State consist of RINOS and Democrats, both of whom have tried to destroy Trump from day one. Also, it's some in government, who have worked behind the scenes to frame Trump and to work towards removing him from office.

Hillary was a slimeball, liar and cheat, the most despicable person ever to run for higher office.

I am so glad Trump won the election.
I know you are. Just like I'm glad it won't be long before the shit hits the fan for the president, his family, and some of his associates. I can't wait!

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
No reason to even try to discuss issues with #Trumpcult, you would do as well trying to talk to zombies from The Night of the Living Dead.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
There are very few people who actually want to fight. Calmer heads will prevail. Throwing around threats and talk of civil war is immature. We have learned something from history. Well, some of us.
The current political climate in this country strongly suggests that we haven't.

Last edited:
Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
There is already a battle going on between the Deep State and the current President. It's not one of a physical nature, but it's a battle just the same.

Great. Now, suppose the current president is, in fact, impeached and removed from office.

Would that be the doing of the Deep State?

And what would you like to see happen as a result?

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Great. Now, suppose the current president is, in fact, impeached and removed from office.

Would that be the doing of the Deep State?

And what would you like to see happen as a result?
The Democrats may Impeach Trump, but the Senate will not remove him from office.

The Deep State wants to hold onto their own power, and they see Trump as a threat. The Deep State is made up of Democrats and Never Trumpers and a few others.