The next time the Dems control tha government should they pack the SCOTUS to fix the damage Trump has done?

The next time the Dems control tha government should they pack the SCOTUS to fix the damage Trump ha

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
FDR tried and failed but the GOP has turned today's court into a RW sham.This needs to be done for the court to ever be trusted again and is within the power of Congress.

All the more reason to vote against any Republican in any race in the future!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBob
Jul 2014
midwest
No worries, whichever party controls tha government will do their best to pack the SCOTUS.

Today, tomorrow..."To infinity...and beyond!" as Buzz Lightyear might say...

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Nope. 9 is perfect. People just need to vote. We get what we deserve when less than 60% of the populace vote.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
No! The SCOTUS should not be poltical! Two wrongs don't make a right!
The SCOTUS has always been and always will be political until we appoint Vulcans to it.

Edit: Dred Scott, Plessy v Ferguson, Citizen United, Heller, etc

Mar 2010
Indiana
The SCOTUS has always been and always will be political until we appoint Vulcans to it.
I disagree. There was a time when both sides had civilized hearings and actually agreed on a candidate that was O.K. for both sides of the aisle.

Reactions: bajisima

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I disagree. There was a time when both sides had civilized hearings and actually agreed on a candidate that was O.K. for both sides of the aisle.
I agree but the idea that a court can be free from the politics of the day is a pipe dream
Lifetime appointments was meant to fix that but nothing really can.
All people have biases and those biases often change over time..

Nov 2016
USA
One reason I won’t be voting for any GOPer at the national level next year is that the courts are too packed with right wingers. IMO we need more centrists.

Reactions: Devil505