The Note: Trump's week of disrespect

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
The Note: Trump's week of disrespect
By MaryAlice Parks and John Verhovek

"Former CIA Director John Brennan and other former intelligence officers too talked about respect for precedent, as they responded to the president’s decision to revoke Brennan’s security clearance. Having a clearance did not mean that he had access to secret documents, it meant he had the respect of the federal government to perhaps access them again should his expertise be needed. The president pulling the plug on that, for apparent political reasons, sent shockwaves throughout Washington."
"Lost in the shuffle and series of dizzying news cycles was another round of primaries that bode well for Democratic success in a midterm election that is now just over 80 days away."
"Voter turnout spiked and Democrats appear to have outvoted the GOP by significant margins in the Minnesota and Wisconsin primaries, two states that will be perhaps this years' best barometer of President Trump's political strength heading towards 2020."
"Will Democrats win control of the House of Representatives this November? FiveThirtyEight’s newly launched House forecast gives them a 3-in-4 chance of winning the majority. Republicans have a 1-in-4 chance of keeping control. That’s according to a statistical model FiveThirtyEight uses to look at polls of each race, how much money each candidate has raised, how each district has voted historically and more."

################################################

Highly respected and honored profile figures such as Admiral William McRaven have come forth and even asked Trump to revoke their own security clearance in support of those whom Trump has so unfairly revoked simply because they exercised their right to speak out against him. There is solidarity here as should be.

Democrats continue to do well as more and more come to see that Trump and Republicans are not lifting a finger to help them and as they look back at what Democrats have done for them when they were in power. The drastic cuts proposed on many vital programs and services by Republicans to include Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid among other programs is something Democrats will fight for for the American people if put back in power. They will also keep the Pre-Existing Conditions Clause in healthcare! What good does it do to support Trump and Republicans if they, in turn, will not support the Middle Class, the poor, the elderly, the sick, the retired, women, children, minorities and many other groups the way they support the rich? They end up shooting themselves in the foot each time by giving them their support and Americans should have learned their lesson well and should know better by now.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Not sure I trust polls after they missed the presidential election. I still think since over half of Americans no longer have landlines, that it's a real challenge to get good data as over half of potential voters can't be contacted. They claim they can compensate but I have my doubts. And then there are those of us that don't trust poll questions as they are typically limited and loaded. I've had pollsters on more than one occasion hang up on me when they found I was a not of a particular political party. I even asked the last time if it mattered and the answer was "no." Then as soon as I gave my voting preference they hung up on me.

IMHO exclusively landline voters are more likely to be older, more conservative, and not willing to change.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Not sure I trust polls after they missed the presidential election. I still think since over half of Americans no longer have landlines, that it's a real challenge to get good data as over half of potential voters can't be contacted. They claim they can compensate but I have my doubts. And then there are those of us that don't trust poll questions as they are typically limited and loaded. I've had pollsters on more than one occasion hang up on me when they found I was a not of a particular political party. I even asked the last time if it mattered and the answer was "no." Then as soon as I gave my voting preference they hung up on me.

IMHO exclusively landline voters are more likely to be older, more conservative, and not willing to change.
So, in your opinion since some voters do not have landlines, something that tends to gravitate to the side of older, more conservative people, their votes cannot be as accurate. LOL. I see. We get it.

Mar 2010
Indiana
So, in your opinion since some voters do not have landlines, something that tends to gravitate to the side of older, more conservative people, their votes cannot be as accurate. LOL. I see. We get it.
Not SOME do not have landlines -- over half have cellphones and no landlines, which is a far cry from some.

No, I didn't say "their votes can cannot be as accurate." I am saying the data can be skewed if you don't have a good cross section of the American public due to not be able to reach over half of them.

You laugh, but I'm surprised you don't find this plausible. Ever take a stat class?

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
Minnesota and Wisconsin are both heavily democratic....that's not really a barometer lol.

Its like saying California is voting for democrats...."Proof of the blue wave".

lol

Sep 2012
SoCal
Minnesota and Wisconsin are both heavily democratic....that's not really a barometer lol.

Its like saying California is voting for democrats...."Proof of the blue wave".

lol
Wisco is "heavily Democratic"? Why then does the GOP control all branches of state government? Answer: GOP corruption.

May 2012
By the wall
Wisco is "heavily Democratic"? Why then does the GOP control all branches of state government? Answer: GOP corruption.
They have voted democrat since 1988 for the president.

State elections are an entirely different matter and doesn't determine whether a state is red or blue.

The presidential election does.

Now if I need to educate you further I will have to start charging you a fee.

Feb 2007
In my mind
They have voted democrat since 1988 for the president.

State elections are an entirely different matter and doesn't determine whether a state is red or blue.

The presidential election does.

Now if I need to educate you further I will have to start charging you a fee.
You might want to educate yourself first. Bush won Wisconsin in 2004.

https://www.270towin.com/states/Wisconsin

May 2012
By the wall
Trump won Wisonsin. Clinton won Minnesota by 1.5%.

Your claim is nonsense.
That doesn't determine whether a state is red or blue, you have to look at the pattern.

Trump was an exception.

This is something we learn in year one in political science so I don't expect you to grasp it yet.