The poisoning of America's pet food

T

The_Bear

I know for me, when I am at home, my dog is like another member of my family. Not quite, human, but definately a being - definately someone to keep me company.

Now these chinese, with their cheap labor and lack of effective regulations on their industries, have put POISON in the food that ends up in the systems of pets just like mine. That bothers me. No, in fact that pisses me off. Not only do they steal American jobs, not only do they manipulate their currency, but now their products poison some of the most treasured pets of the American people. To who do we have recourse? NO ONE. Why? Because the things are made in China, and the Chinese government doesn't give two shits about the quality of their industries as long as they turn a profit.

Z

Zarathustra

The American gov't doesnt give two shits either because the Chinese are our most important trading partner.

T

The_Bear

you know what it is. Its the concept of 'free trade' borne out to its extent - the pursuit of the almighty dollar, damn everythin else that comes in that way
You know what, people should just stop buying stuff from any pet food company that gets some of their product from china.
That'll send a message.

I

Invayne

It didn't even say on the cans that it came from China. All the cans I turned back in to PetsMart said it was a product of Canada. How are we supposed to know where this crap comes from?:mad:

T

The_Bear

no doubt. IV - I said it came from china because the contaminated stuff came from china! The 'wheat gluten' with 'melamime'. Thanks globalization for royally fuckin our pets over!

I

Invayne

no doubt. IV - I said it came from china because the contaminated stuff came from china! The 'wheat gluten' with 'melamime'. Thanks globalization for royally fuckin our pets over!
Amen to that. I have 7 cats and if they all died, I'd be wanting to kill someone.:mad:

I

Invayne

By the way, where does the wheat gluten in OUR food come from??

F

freecell

By the way, where does the wheat gluten in OUR food come from??
I don’t know but I have four dogs and a cat and have been watching them carefully. Who knows what they will recall next. Now they are listing some dry foods.:mad:

O

Orthodox Marxist

It didn't even say on the cans that it came from China. All the cans I turned back in to PetsMart said it was a product of Canada. How are we supposed to know where this crap comes from?
Many products shipped through Canada come from China we dont even make our own Canadian flag pins.