The Prince kissed Snow White without consent?

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
As I said above I think a lot of our issues in the US is because we dont learn behaviors early on. We throw out a teenager and expect them to understand love and affection. Other countries, little kids are kissing and loving on one another. They learn early how to get along, talk about sexuality and behavior. Here we throw kids out to the wolves and expect them to learn and get it right.
I agree. We also, as a Nation need to stop thinking that every show of affection or attention is sexual. Most displays of affection between people are not sexual at all. The same with being friendly. I know some people who think every nice gesture is a "he/she wants me" .

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
My inlaws kiss everyone on both cheeks as well. They hate shaking hands and think its barbaric. It can be funny to watch Americans faces though since its so unexpected here. People just dont know what to do! Of course Europeans think we are sexually repressed.
I had a close friend that immigrated from England. He was invited to dinner at the home of his future wife's parents to meet the family. When leaving he just wanted to let his future wife know that he would see her in the morning. Unfortunately, he wasn't in England, when he said to her--I'll knock you up in the morning.

(The reason I said I had a close friend, sadly, he was on American flight 77 that fateful day.)

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Like I said - all of those are from the SANITIZED versions. The originals were pretty horrific. In the Brother's Grimm version of Snow White, the hunter was charged to bring back proof that he'd killed Snow White (who was seven years old in the original story). In order to save her, the hunter killed a boar, and brought the lungs and liver of the boar back to the Evil Queen - which she ate, believing they were Snow White's.

At the end of the story, the Evil Queen was captured. Her bare feet were locked into a pair of metal "shoes" that had been heated to red-hot temperatures, and she was forced to dance until she died.

Hi ho... hi ho... It's off to work we go...
Oh, goodness, Djinn.I am losing my Fairy tale beliefs.i IsTrump really the big bad wolfe come to life? Or the Evil Stepfather, the evil King?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I had a close friend that immigrated from England. He was invited to dinner at the home of his future wife's parents to meet the family. When leaving he just wanted to let his future wife know that he would see her in the morning. Unfortunately, he wasn't in England, when he said to her--I'll knock you up in the morning.

(The reason I said I had a close friend, sadly, he was on American flight 77 that fateful day.)
Funny, that is what My BIL’s future FIL said before they were married.

Is your daughter home? Sure is go up and knock her up.

Daniel O’ Donnell played Carnegoe Hall, walked out on stage, said ,” You sure are a homely audience!”

Jul 2018
North Carolina
As I said above I think a lot of our issues in the US is because we dont learn behaviors early on. We throw out a teenager and expect them to understand love and affection. Other countries, little kids are kissing and loving on one another. They learn early how to get along, talk about sexuality and behavior. Here we throw kids out to the wolves and expect them to learn and get it right.
You make a great point. I saw this a lot in Europe, as they show off their affection more readily than we do as Americans.

Now that being said, some places in Asia are not so touchy feely at all LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
You make a great point. I saw this a lot in Europe, as they show off their affection more readily than we do as Americans.

Now that being said, some places in Asia are not so touchy feely at all LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
even in the states. I grew up on Long Island, introductions were made to friends or relatives opposite sex by kissing on the cheek. Moved to Denver and then to midwest and it was hugs. When I go back to long island I forget the kissing part sometimes

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
A friend just told me she had to read Little Black Sambo over and over to her Son. If she missed a page he reminded her.

One year for Christmas she had a book store find her one, wrapped it and gave it to him.:)

All I remember is the tiger turned to butter. I never thought of it any way else.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Grew up eating at Sambo's after church sometimes...

Kind of gives off one of those unsettling feelings now? LOL

Dec 2006
required field
Kind of gives off one of those unsettling feelings now? LOL
Yes, and today we wonder how on Earth people allowed that stuff to continue without question or comment.

Just think of all the things we do today without question or comment that will be looked on with utter revulsion and dismay just a generation or two into the future. :D