The psychology of Trump, his Trolls and supporters

Apr 2019
Southeast
Fake ass title. Anyone that voted for the Hagdabeasty, ought to sit this one out.

Hey @HenryPorter
Here is another classic example of a bait thread. Notice the link says nothing about Trump supporters but the OP attempts to link the two to present his opinion as though it does?

Jun 2013
Here
Wow, it's almost as if that article should be a sticky, because it describes the Trump sycophants at PH perfectly.
The question is, do they know and if they know, do they care?

Will You Be Seduced by a Sociopath?

Some seem quite agitated by the mere description of how Trump or anyone who supports him (foreign or domestic), might act.

I suppose if you were the government employee of a competitor to the U.S. and your job was to divide the Trump opposition so Trump could eek out another election, you might not actually be as described, but obligated by your job, but at what point do decent human beings refuse to do something they know is not right even if they are ordered to or paid to do the wrong thing? At what point does a humane conscience override the zombie one?

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado
Fake ass title. Anyone that voted for the Hagdabeasty, ought to sit this one out.

Hey @HenryPorter
Here is another classic example of a bait thread. Notice the link says nothing about Trump supporters but the OP attempts to link the two to present his opinion as though it does?
My link in post #3 has a LOT to say about Trump supporters. An AWFUL lot.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Sure, an awful lot of bigoted stereotyping and BS.
Here is who you are talking about:

In the eye-opening book The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump, with articles from 37 psychiatrists and mental health experts, one of the more interesting ones is by Dr. Jerrold M. Post, titled "The Charismatic Leader-Follower Relationship and Trump's Base".

Before I quote from his article, you should know just who Dr. Post is, and his extraordinary qualifications:

https://www2.gwu.edu/~icdrm/programs/facultybios/post.pdf

As you can see, Dr. Post had a 21-year career with the Central Intelligence Agency, generating psychological profiles of many dangerous foreign leaders for our government. It was Dr. Post who wrote the very widely read psychological profile of Saddam Hussein, for example, after Saddam's invasion of Kuwait in 1991.

Apr 2019
Southeast
Here is who you are talking about:

In the eye-opening book The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump, with articles from 37 psychiatrists and mental health experts, one of the more interesting ones is by Dr. Jerrold M. Post, titled "The Charismatic Leader-Follower Relationship and Trump's Base".

Before I quote from his article, you should know just who Dr. Post is, and his extraordinary qualifications:

https://www2.gwu.edu/~icdrm/programs/facultybios/post.pdf

As you can see, Dr. Post had a 21-year career with the Central Intelligence Agency, generating psychological profiles of many dangerous foreign leaders for our government. It was Dr. Post who wrote the very widely read psychological profile of Saddam Hussein, for example, after Saddam's invasion of Kuwait in 1991.
Wow, I'm terribly impressed...many Trump haters have prostituted their credentials to make partisan 'points'. Maybe we should study what THAT means...