The Reason Why Democrats Were So Fanatical To Stop Kavanaugh

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
No matter what else Trump does he has been a successful president for remaking our judicial system.

Anything else at this point is just icing on the cake.

We know that Ginsberg will retire when she hits 90, she said so, so if Trump wins reelection he will get another pick for sure.
Replacing Ginsberg will be a bloody battle.

May 2012
By the wall
Replacing Ginsberg will be a bloody battle.
Probably.

Her retirement date falls in the middle of Trumps second term so not only does he have to win reelection but we need to hold the senate in 2020.

Its gonna be close.

Hopefully she collapses before then but we will see.

Sep 2014
United States
Probably.

Her retirement date falls in the middle of Trumps second term so not only does he have to win reelection but we need to hold the senate in 2020.

Its gonna be close.

Hopefully she collapses before then but we will see.
I would love to see Trump nominate Ted Cruz to replace Buzzy Ginsburg.

That would cause a nuclear meltdown on the left.

Jan 2007
He lacks judicial temperament, and his testimony under oath is suspect.

I'm sure you could have found a better candidate, one who comports herself in a judicious manner and doesn't shade the truth while under oath. Then again, maybe not.
Judicial temperament...show us where in his 12 years on the bench that was an issue.

May 2012
By the wall
I would love to see Trump nominate Ted Cruz to replace Buzzy Ginsburg.

That would cause a nuclear meltdown on the left.
While the constitution allows the president to nominate whomever he wants the standard practice is that someone should have judicial experience.

I believe there have only been 2 members that haven't had any throughout our entire history.

Cruz would be an extremely tough sell and frankly there is no reason for that hassle when there are plenty of uber conservative judges already out there.

Sep 2014
United States
While the constitution allows the president to nominate whomever he wants the standard practice is that someone should have judicial experience.

I believe there have only been 2 members that haven't had any throughout our entire history.

Cruz would be an extremely tough sell and frankly there is no reason for that hassle when there are plenty of uber conservative judges already out there.
Elena Kavanagh was never a judge.

Cruz has argued, and won, several cases in front of the Supreme Court.

Aug 2016
CA

Why? Kagan had no judicial experience and they put her on as a Justice.