The reason why Leftists reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
The starting point of the Gospel of Christ is that God is Holy and all people are sinners.

The Leftist worldview is in stark contrast to this. Their worldview says that certain people are victims. Also be tolerant of sin, especially in the victim classes that they designate. Which seems to me the biggest reason why many leftists have strong emotional reactions against the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because you cannot say that something is a sin in their worldview.

Last edited:

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
One of the most devout Christians I've ever known, my mother, was a "leftist". She practiced "hate the sin, love the sinner." So don't tell me that liberals and progressives don't acknowledge that there is sin.

Mar 2019
One of the most devout Christians I've ever known, my mother, was a "leftist". She practiced "hate the sin, love the sinner." So don't tell me that liberals and progressives don't acknowledge that there is sin.
I've been told on PH that this is not the Gospel. Or that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is "judging others" and even "spiritual terrorism."

You cannot say that all people are sinners in need of a savior in the Leftist worldview. This is the predominate response I get here from Leftists

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I've been told on PH that this is not the Gospel. Or that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is "judging others" and even "spiritual terrorism."

You cannot say that all people are sinners in need of a savior in the Leftist worldview. This is the predominate response I get here from Leftists
I can't and won't speak for those others you're referring to.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
The starting point of the Gospel of Christ is that God is Holy and all people are sinners.

The Leftist worldview is in stark contrast to this. Their worldview says that certain people are victims. Which seems to me the biggest reason why many leftists have strong emotional reactions to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because you cannot say that something is a sin in their worldview.
You are tarring a large group of people falsely since over 40% of Democrats are Christians, almost all Jews and other religions.

That, sir, makes you guilty of both bearing false witness and failing to love your neighbor as yourself. Additionally, you do nothing to stop those who claim to be Christians on this forum but only spread hate, lies and division. In short, I think your view is both biased and false. Certainly not very Christian of you.

Party Religious Affiliation.jpg

Mar 2019
You are tarring a large group of people falsely since over 40% of Democrats are Christians, almost all Jews and other religions.

That, sir, makes you guilty of both bearing false witness and failing to love your neighbor as yourself. Additionally, you do nothing to stop those who claim to be Christians on this forum but only spread hate, lies and division. In short, I think your view is both biased and false. Certainly not very Christian of you.

View attachment 30832
There are many false Christians in America. They say they are Christians. But they could not tell you what the Gospel message is. That we are all sinners, God is Holy, he will punish sin and sinners for eternity in Hell, unless they are saved by Grace through Faith in Christ alone.

Many false converts say the Gospel is intolerant.

Nov 2016
USA

The Leftist worldview is in stark contrast to this. Their worldview says that certain people are victims. Also be tolerant of sin, especially in the victim classes that they designate. Which seems to me the biggest reason why many leftists have strong emotional reactions against the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because you cannot say that something is a sin in their worldview.
As a Christian and a leftist, I declare your allegation to be utter slanderous, unmitigated horseshit. We are guided by the teachings of Christ as outlined in Matthew 25:31-46. Sin does exist, for sure, but the energy spent on obsessing about the sins of others could be put to more productive use by heeding the teaching in Matthew 25:31-46.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
There are many false Christians in America. They say they are Christians. But they could not tell you what the Gospel message is. That we are all sinners, God is Holy, he will punish sin and sinners for eternity in Hell, unless they are saved by Grace through Faith in Christ alone.

Many false converts say the Gospel is intolerant.
True, yet you only complain about the LW ones. Why?