The reason why Leftists reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
You have religion, I have the Truth. Baptism is undergone ONLY by those who have trusted Christ.
My Church dates back to St. Andrew himself. Yours, to whom? Some televangelist? ;)

See, I can act like an arrogant prick too, when I want to haha

But, seriously this is the problem. Religion is a subjective matter, my friend.

Anyone who believes in anything out there would tell you his belief system is the best there is, that's simply how it works.

And those who do not believe, the atheists, of course believe they are only right, and we are all idiots :D

This is why your talk about people being "born again" in your faith is silly.

That's not fact. That's just YOUR own biased opinion, no offense. :)

Sep 2013
On a hill
And you are wrong about that because what you were taught is not found in Scripture.
James 4:11-12 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

• Love
Reactions: birdzeyez
Sep 2012
California
Are there only 10 sins in all of Christianity? Do any of our Christians know the full list of sins outlined in the Bible?

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I criticized him because he did it while in office. I just don't respect either one of them as leaders. They're both habitual liars and don't give a hoot about the American people.
We’re agreed on these points. I’d also point out they are unrepentant liars.

Reactions: Leaf Aricsun
Sep 2013
On a hill
In order to believe in Christ, one must live according to Christ's teachings. Anyone can say they believe in something, but if their actions do not match with their words, their words are meaningless or lies. ALL are the children of God (God's creation) and therefore not denied something by God, simply because of their sins, as some Christians (and people of other religions or non-beliefs) appear to wish to do to those that do not believe, as they do.

The Book of Matthew, Chapter 5, sums up many things and in many ways, simplifies the theme of Christ's teachings, which in the mind of some, have been skewed, twisted and defied by some, because some humans recognize the power in belief in deities supreme beings (inhuman) and exploit it by claiming a "connection" to a religion or god(s), NOT because they believe in god(s), but how they can exploit the power of people's belief in god's for their personal profit, via manipulation. This is why the OP appears to be just that, someone trying to exploit a claim of Christian belief for political purposes. If Christ was at all "politically biased", he was NOT partial to Roman "publicans", but generally appeared to direct his teachings/lessons.......to ALL people, since all people are "God's children" or "God's creation". The base lessons of Christ appear to be about how humans can be "good" humans and what humans do to harm themselves or others. The latter behaviors are considered "evil". What's interesting is that there is no direct reference to homosexuality in the New Testament similar to anything referenced toward it in the Old Testament. There is also an assumption by humans, that abortion is the equivalent of "murder", yet there appears to be no direct mention of abortion. Lots of mention of God aborting the result of immoral trysts and blaming the women for being unfaithful, not so much mention of men impregnating women against their will. In many cases, the victims of rape are blamed as much as those that rape them, in some cases for not calling for help.

From the Book of Matthew, Chapter 5 - (another chapter that seems to be missing from the Books of the Bible some claim to believe in.)

45 "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

46 "For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?"

47 "And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?"

48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." <------- Don't just claim to believe in God and any evils (sins) you do, will be forgiven. Live according to what you claim to believe in (Matthew Chapter 5, being just a portion of all you claim to believe in).

There appear to be some who seem to believe no one can see or notice what's wrong with the construct that somehow it is AOK to elect a narcissistic, greedy, gluttonous adulterer to lead your society of people, in part because you believe the same person will work to vanquish the sins of homosexuality and "abortion", but baking a cake, pizza pie or taking photos for/of homosexuals who wish to marry, is "supporting" homosexuality and the refusal to support it (because it is "sinful") is fine. In other words, if it is NOT okay to support sins, by doing business with sinners, how is it okay for the same people to support sins, by supporting the sinners?
Trump reminds me of Nabal from the Old Testament.

Reactions: KnotaFrayed