The reason why Leftists reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Hey @ripskater I really do want to get your thoughts on this. Surely you can see that "leftism" isn't completely devoid of Christianity, right?

I'm just curious, but generally speaking, do you consider everyone who doesn't accept your "starting point" to be a leftist?

But anyway, there are lots of things about "leftism" that seem completely supported by the Bible.

Camel through the eye of a needle; first shall be last and last shall be first; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven... I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment, but certainly one of the main messages of the Gospels completely eschews riches, or wealth gathering, and prioritizes helping the poor.

That's pretty left if you ask me.

Jan 2007
Now we're down to 7 out of 10.

Trump wasn't hired for his religious practices or lack of. He was hired to keep your illegals on the other side of the border. Your people want them on this side of the border.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Trump wasn't hired for his religious practices or lack of. He was hired to keep your illegals on the other side of the border. Your people want them on this side of the border.
“Nobody wants to shut down businesses. That’s expensive politically and economically,” he said. “It’s much easier to have a system that doesn’t work (but which) sounds like a silver bullet.”

According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, which oversees the E-Verify program, an estimated 763,500 employers were taking part in the program as of Jan. 16.

That sounds like a lot, but it’s only a tiny percentage of the more than 18 million businesses in the U.S.

The reason for the low participation rate is that the program is voluntary in most states. It’s mandatory in most of the U.S. only for businesses that have been caught hiring undocumented immigrants.

The Social Security Administration estimated that 1.8 million immigrants were working with fake or stolen Social Security cards in 2010 — and that number is projected to reach 3.4 million by 2040.

Companies that don’t use E-Verify require jobseekers to fill out the I-9 forms to check work eligibility. The employers then must certify that the documents provided by the applicant appear to be genuine.

With such a low chance of being audited, Costa said, the whole job-authorization system is “a wink and a nod from the government to employers” that lets them continue to hire workers who are not in the U.S. lawfully.

The Cato Institute’s Nowrasteh argues that E-Verify exists simply because it allows politicians to claim the U.S. is being tough on immigration without actually having to be tough.

“Nobody wants to shut down businesses. That’s expensive politically and economically,” he said. “It’s much easier to have a system that doesn’t work (but which) sounds like a silver bullet.”

Applies to trumps wall too, but the wall is more expensive.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
1) Elected representatives are not hired in the United States. YMMV in your country.

2) What border? Only about half are Mexican. Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States

3) Are you in Mexico or some other country? Don't answer if you don't feel comfortable telling the truth.

Reactions: Babba

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I've been told on PH that this is not the Gospel. Or that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is "judging others" and even "spiritual terrorism."

You cannot say that all people are sinners in need of a savior in the Leftist worldview. This is the predominate response I get here from Leftists
I believe that you believe in your faith.......I don't.
Prove you are right and I am wrong to be an agnostic leaning towards atheism?

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I always get in trouble on these threads. I’ll try not to this time.

The reason I reject Xians is that...they seem to be not the smartest people in society. Stupidity repels me immediately when they speak. How can I get into a conversation with someone that I feel isn’t up to the standard of a mediocre 3rd grader? If I’m not buying the premise, I’m not watching the movie. Same can be said with religious people.

I’ve yet to hear someone try to explain the whole thing without me thinking they are nuts.