The reason why Leftists reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
Barry Goldwater

Reactions: birdzeyez
Jul 2011
UK/Australia
Frankly, I think decriminalising discreet urination is a reasonable step, but a simpler (if more expensive and more hygienic ) solution is to provide public toilets. San Francisco is notable for not having public toilets in the city - I'm not sure about other US major cities - and I'm not sure why this is so in the wealthiest nation on earth. Every other city to which I have been in Europe, the UK, and Australia, provides public toilets.

1573693588291.png
Berlin
1573693777428.png
Paris
1573693963881.png
Odense

As you can see, they need not be elaborate or expensive buildings - just a shelter and a bit of plumbing.

Reactions: StanStill

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
San Francisco is notable for not having public toilets in the city - I'm not sure about other US major cities....
Aside from interstate highway rest stops, public toilets are not really a thing here.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Frankly, I think decriminalising discreet urination is a reasonable step, but a simpler (if more expensive and more hygienic ) solution is to provide public toilets. San Francisco is notable for not having public toilets in the city - I'm not sure about other US major cities - and I'm not sure why this is so in the wealthiest nation on earth. Every other city to which I have been in Europe, the UK, and Australia, provides public toilets.

View attachment 31306
Berlin
View attachment 31307
Paris
View attachment 31308
Odense

As you can see, they need not be elaborate or expensive buildings - just a shelter and a bit of plumbing.
San Francisco does have public toilets

Thats City Hall in the back ground. San Francisco needs more than one at Civic Center.

The Automatic Public Toilet Program was developed because of a growing civic concern about the lack of sufficient public toilet facilities in the City. The toilets automatically clean themselves after each use, and are fully accessible to people with disabilities. This program is operated at no cost to the City. In exchange for the toilets, the City allows the contractor to install public service/advertising kiosks and newspaper kiosk stands on City sidewalks. There are currently 70 kiosks located throughout San Francisco generating revenue to support this program.

Amazingly free market solution for a communist city.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Jul 2011
UK/Australia
Aside from interstate highway rest stops, public toilets are not really a thing here.
Thanks, but I am interested in the reasons why. San Franciscans share the human condition with the rest of mankind, and I am sure they value both convenience and hygiene equally.

Reactions: Dangermouse
Jul 2011
UK/Australia
San Francisco does have public toilets

Thats City Hall in the back ground. San Francisco needs more than one at Civic Center.

Amazingly free market solution for a communist city.
Good to see - they didn't when I was last in San Francisco, some seven years ago. But 25 public facilities in a city the size of SF would hardly be sufficient. London has something approaching a thousand - many dating back to Victorian times.

Reactions: labrea
Sep 2013
On a hill
Good to see - they didn't when I was last in San Francisco, some seven years ago. But 25 public facilities in a city the size of SF would hardly be sufficient. London has something approaching a thousand - many dating back to Victorian times.
According to the site, they have 70, 25 are handicap access.

70 is no where near enough.

Reactions: Leo2
Status
Not open for further replies.