The rise of the pro-Trump media machine

RNG

Former Staff
Jan 2015
Left coast
Joe may have claimed to have been a Republican at one time.

He's not one now., not by a long shot.

The adulterer Joe seems to be smitten with the adulteress Mika.

Wouldn't be the first time a guy changed for a female type woman...
Question: If it's "the adulterer Joe", why isn't it "the adulterer Republican President."?

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2017
Massachusetts
You can always find a source to tell you what you WANT to believe.

Reality is the overwhelming majority of TV "news" in America is lefty.
Most news outlets are run by well-educated people, and well-educated people have become increasingly alienated from what passes for conservatism in this country. So, in that sense, I think the media will probably have been trending more towards the left. But, at the same time, nearly all news in this country is provided by huge, for-profit corporations, that exist for the sole purpose of making their shareholders richer, generally by way of helping other big for-profit corporations sell consumer goods and services. So the driving biases in news coverage aren't liberal or conservative so much as they're corporatist/capitalist/consumerist.

Imagine an alternate reality in which the major news operations were owned by labor unions, and made their money mostly by way of selling ad space to liberal groups like the Sierra Club, the NAACP, etc. Regardless of the biases of the grunt-level reporters, we'd fully expect that structure to push coverage to the left, and in the same sense when the big-picture power structure is dictated by for-profit corporations, that has its impact on the product.

Jul 2014
midwest
Question: If it's "the adulterer Joe", why isn't it "the adulterer Republican President."?
I think he is, too...

Like the adulterer Bill Clinton who along with JFK were the most famous presidential adulterers before Trump.

Jul 2014
midwest
Most news outlets are run by well-educated people, and well-educated people have become increasingly alienated from what passes for conservatism in this country. So, in that sense, I think the media will probably have been trending more towards the left. But, at the same time, nearly all news in this country is provided by huge, for-profit corporations, that exist for the sole purpose of making their shareholders richer, generally by way of helping other big for-profit corporations sell consumer goods and services. So the driving biases in news coverage aren't liberal or conservative so much as they're corporatist/capitalist/consumerist.

Imagine an alternate reality in which the major news operations were owned by labor unions, and made their money mostly by way of selling ad space to liberal groups like the Sierra Club, the NAACP, etc. Regardless of the biases of the grunt-level reporters, we'd fully expect that structure to push coverage to the left, and in the same sense when the big-picture power structure is dictated by for-profit corporations, that has its impact on the product.
Yes they are.

And what do they want?

To make money.

If they thought that televising watching paint dry, or grass grow, would get better ratings, that's what they'd televise.

Right now they think Trump Hate will get the biggest ratings, so that's what they go with...

M O N E Y

RNG

Former Staff
Jan 2015
Left coast
Yes they are.

And what do they want?

To make money.

If they thought that televising watching paint dry, or grass grow, would get better ratings, that's what they'd televise.

Right now they think Trump Hate will get the biggest ratings, so that's what they go with...

M O N E Y
Now correlate that to the constant taunt of the righties about how large the Fox audience is.

Jul 2014
midwest
Now correlate that to the constant taunt of the righties about how large the Fox audience is.
Apparently the Fox News audience is the biggest in cable TV "news".

So I have heard.

If you can back it up, it ain't bragging...

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
lol... when the Mainstream Media reports at about a 90% rate against Trump, this story is kind of funny.

RNG

Former Staff
Jan 2015
Left coast
Apparently the Fox News audience is the biggest in cable TV "news".

So I have heard.

If you can back it up, it ain't bragging...
I never said it was. But it makes your statement about TV land being left wing.