The Roger Pielke Jr. Story, how dissenting scientist are silenced

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
I see you've been reading the countless smear blogs on Judith so you now see what becomes of any scientist that dares dissent.
So....the guy crying about how PE talks about the poster and not the post is somehow suggesting that I read "smear blogs." No, i did no such thing. Climategate was one of the dumbest misadventures in computer hacking to ever waste my time on the internet. It was beyond stupid. Please see my post about Climategate, last page.

Nov 2015
UK
David Bellamy died today, aged 86.

In 2003, Bellamy told BBC News that he was sceptical about mankind being responsible for rising temperatures and suggested that they might be part of the Earth's natural cycles.

Along with Attenborough, as I grew up, he was a main figurehead with presenting many programmes. As a scientist, he was sceptical of man made global warming and since this was not deemed following the climate conspiracy, his TV work dried up.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
We continue to desire perpetual economic expansion, endless population growth, more material stuff to buy and throw away, plastics in any form and purpose, and an environment that will never cease to provide the resources we want and accept the waste we dump into it, then we will fall back into the convenient and lazy mindset that technology and policy will fix the problem for us. But without systemic changes in our culture and values, we will never recover from the destructive path on which we are embarked.

--Andrew J. Hoffman