The Saudis

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
So much for their reforms.

Textbooks for high school students in Saudi Arabia promote hatred against Jews, Christians, women, homosexual men and other Muslim sects despite repeated promises to return the country to a more moderate form of Islam, according to a report released Tuesday.

The Anti-Defamation League highlighted that some textbooks include anti-Semitic stereotypes.

Among the goals of Zionism is a “global Jewish government to control the entire world," one excerpt states.

Another example reads: “The hour will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, so that the Muslims kill them, until the Jew hides behind rock and tree, so the rock or the tree says: ‘Oh Muslim, oh servant of God, this Jew is behind me, so kill him.’”

A third passage suggests that “beating [women] is permitted when necessary.”
Saudi school textbooks teach teens hatred, violence, anti-Semitism

And then there's the executions that took place recently.

A student considering attending Western Michigan University was among 37 people beheaded in a mass execution in Saudi Arabia for what authorities there described as terrorism-related crimes.

It marked the largest number of executions in a single day in Saudi Arabia since Jan. 2, 2016, when the kingdom executed 47 individuals in what was the largest mass execution carried out by Saudi Arabia since 1980.
WMU-bound student among 37 Saudi prisoners beheaded

When is the US going to stand up and say this is wrong? Why no sanctions against this brutal regime? Why are our leaders so determined to keep them armed and powerful?

Why do we do so much business with them?

Jan 2016
Colorado
So much for their reforms.

Saudi school textbooks teach teens hatred, violence, anti-Semitism

And then there's the executions that took place recently.

WMU-bound student among 37 Saudi prisoners beheaded

When is the US going to stand up and say this is wrong? Why no sanctions against this brutal regime? Why are our leaders so determined to keep them armed and powerful?

Why do we do so much business with them?
I saw a different report that said that one of the 37 people executed was actually crucified.

This is a barbarous regime that we are doing so much business with. I want Congress to take a more assertive role in questioning the value of the U.S./Saudi alliance.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
I saw a different report that said that one of the 37 people executed was actually crucified.

This is a barbarous regime that we are doing so much business with. I want Congress to take a more assertive role in questioning the value of the U.S./Saudi alliance.
I predict this thread will be totally ignored by those who seem to hate every other Muslim group.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
From the Council on Foreign Relations:

Saudi Arabia is the top destination for U.S. arms, with U.S. defense sales to the kingdom totaling close to $90 billion since 1950, according to the Pentagon.

*snip*

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, an alumnus of Syracuse University, is the kingdom’s most famous billionaire investor and owns stakes in Citigroup, Twitter, and Snap. (Bin Talal was detained for nearly three months as part of the 2017 crackdown.) Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund has stakes in major U.S. tech firms, including Uber and Tesla.
U.S.-Saudi Arabia Relations