The Science About When Life Begins

Nov 2010
San Diego...ish
The Science About When Life Begins Makes Pro-Choicers Look Terrible

Pro-abortion rhetoric is really hard to follow. I was recently asked to give the pro-life side in an abortion debate on the Laura Ingraham radio show. I’m an OB-GYN and the executive director of the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists (AAPLOG). The producers must have figured I would be good to counter Dr. Tracey Wilkinson, a pediatrician and fellow with Physicians for Reproductive Health.
During the exchange, Laura asked Wilkinson if she ever thinks of the unborn child who is already developing with “the brain stem, and the fingers, and the eyes and the DNA that is unique.” Wilkinson’s answer was jaw-dropping. She countered, “What I learned in all my years of training, is that as a physician, I can tell you when pregnancy begins and when viability starts. But when life begins is really up to a personal opinion.”

Sorry, Dr. Wilkinson. When life begins is not up to personal opinion, it’s a scientific fact. Let me explain, as a physician, what all my years of training have shown. Let’s start with the science of when life begins.
So, when does life begin? It has always been pretty obvious to me that it begins when the male and the female juicy bits set off that spark inside the mama and it would also seem that science agrees. If you don't believe that, are you truly a "progressive" or are you suppressing your emotions to justify killing a new person?

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
Sarcastic presentation of something that is true...

this has to be moved to "Political Humor".

Jul 2014
Border Fence
The Science About When Life Begins Makes Pro-Choicers Look Terrible

So, when does life begin? It has always been pretty obvious to me that it begins when the male and the female juicy bits set off that spark inside the mama and it would also seem that science agrees. If you don't believe that, are you truly a "progressive" or are you suppressing your emotions to justify killing a new person?
The US Constitution allows for the lawful taking of Human life so long as the state does so by due process. 5th amendment.

Abortion is the lawful taking of human life; by which the ruling to do so has had its due process in the courts, in the Roe v. Wade ruling.

when life begins is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
San Diego...ish
The US Constitution allows for the lawful taking of Human life so long as the state does so by due process. 5th amendment.

Abortion is the lawful taking of human life; by which the ruling to do so has had its due process in the courts, in the Roe v. Wade ruling.

when life begins is irrelevant.
And just for the record, this has nothing to do with science.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Well done. Does that make you feel better about killing babies?
Ive never had an abortion, so I can not tell you how that feels.

Ive never shot and killed a person before, but the law allows for protection of one's home to do so.

I've never shot an enemy in war to protect our nation, but understand the need.

Ive never injected a convict in the arm with drugs until dead, but the state allows that to happen.

Im not happy about anyone's death. But I understand that the state allows those deaths.

Nov 2010
San Diego...ish
Ive never had an abortion, so I can not tell you how that feels.

Ive never shot and killed a person before, but the law allows for protection of one's home to do so.

I've never shot an enemy in war to protect our nation, but understand the need.

Ive never injected a convict in the arm with drugs until dead, but the state allows that to happen.

Im not happy about anyone's death. But I understand that the state allows those deaths.
Yes...that makes it better.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
"When life begins" is not even a valid question. And there is no such thing as "pro-abortion rhetoric," at least none I've ever heard. Pro-choice means the right to choose, nothing more, and that includes the right to choose not to abort. Despite the characterization of the OP article, it is actually an opinion published in a far-right source, and is not properly a science report.