The Social Media Unemployment Line

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
[MENTION=548]Dr.Knuckles[/MENTION] --- Don't think your country escapes this thread! :)

Corrections Worker fired for social media post | Regina Leader-Post

In this instance, the man recently posted on social media: “I ride enough Indians in jail. Now I’ve got my own to ride.” It was accompanied by a photo of the man straddling an Indian brand motorcycle in front of the statue — an oversized Indigenous head wearing a headdress — located in the town of Indian Head.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
And, another suggestion that immigrants be shot at the border ends in an unsatisfactory work experience.

"Can we call your last employer?"

"I'd rather you didn't."

https://patch.com/oregon/across-or/odot-investigating-employees-racist-social-media-comment

In the post, McAllen, apparently responding to another commenter, wrote, "I personally think they should shoot them all at the border and call it good… it'll save us hard working AMERICAN'S (sic) billions of dollars on our taxes!!"

Jun 2006
Vancouver
[MENTION=548]Dr.Knuckles[/MENTION] --- Don't think your country escapes this thread! :)

Corrections Worker fired for social media post | Regina Leader-Post

In this instance, the man recently posted on social media: “I ride enough Indians in jail. Now I’ve got my own to ride.” It was accompanied by a photo of the man straddling an Indian brand motorcycle in front of the statue — an oversized Indigenous head wearing a headdress — located in the town of Indian Head.
I don’t even know what he meant, there. He rides people in jail? Present tense. Like ... still does that? If so, this post has bigger issues than bigotry.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I don’t even know what he meant, there. He rides people in jail? Present tense. Like ... still does that? If so, this post has bigger issues than bigotry.
True. For now, let's also ignore the fact that there's a town named "Indian Head".

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Beaver County GOP official resigns over Facebook post calling black NFL players baboons

A Republican Committee of Beaver County official who called black NFL players “baboons” on Facebook has resigned.

Carla Maloney, former secretary of the organization, called her own comments “distasteful, inappropriate and insensitive” in her resignation letter to committee Chair Chip Kohser.

“Those that know me know that I come from a diverse family that represents modern America,” Maloney wrote in the letter. “I know my posts and comments were disrespectful to not only the people that I love, but families across the country.”

Maloney apologized to people offended by her posts.

“I know I am a better person than this and, as I step away from these public positions, I will work to show everyone who I truly am,” Maloney wrote.

In the letter, she resigned from her post as secretary and as an elected member of the committee.