The substance of this will be debated on the campaign trail.

Feb 2010
McChrystal's Job in Peril Over Obama Slam

NBC reports that the article, titled “The Runaway General,” depicts McChrystal as saying he is disappointed in a perceived lack of interest Obama displayed during a meeting one year ago to discuss the wars in the Middle East . McChrystal’s aides described the president as uninformed and not engaged.
Not engaged? Uhh....President Obama, this isn't the oil spill, this isn't health care...this is a war. And we are 100% behind you, a united front must be shown any enemy. You seem not engaged on many issues, I hope this one isn't one of them.

The substance of this will be debated on the campaign trail. General McChrystal has just handed the Republican Party a club by which they will hammer Barack Obama and every Democrat over the next three to four months,” Scarborough said.
You are oh so correct about that, Joe.

One McChrystal aide is quoted calling national security adviser James Jones a “clown.”
Sounds like an Oldschool term, James Jones though....is a clown.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
McChrystal should be fired on the spot just like Truman did with MacArthur. There is only ONE CinC & insubordination is inexcusable.
After Obama fires McChrystal..... he should announce our withdrawal from both Iraq & Afghanistan as our military mission.......ridding the countries of Al Quieda has been accomplished to the extent possible.

Feb 2010
I certainly believe he must go, I agree insubordination must be responded to.

Was he telling the truth?

anonymous

Former Staff
Jun 2008
Passing Through
I certainly believe he must go, I agree insubordination must be responded to.

Was he telling the truth?
I see no reason for him to lie about it. For someone like Obama who has no military experience, it would not surprise me that he would seem detached or intimidated by a room full of Brass. It will surely make for a robust campaign and that is why it is imperative that Obama let him go.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I see no reason for him to lie about it. For someone like Obama who has no military experience, it would not surprise me that he would seem detached or intimidated by a room full of Brass. It will surely make for a robust campaign and that is why it is imperative that Obama let him go.

There's good reason why are wise founding fathers put a civilian in the position of CinC.
God help this country if we ever let the military set our foreign policy.

anonymous

Former Staff
Jun 2008
Passing Through
There's good reason why are wise founding fathers put a civilian in the position of CinC.
God help this country if we ever let the military set our foreign policy.
Agreed and the top brass always need to be reminded who runs the show. Least they begin to think they can run it better than the POTUS.

Mar 2008
Agreed and the top brass always need to be reminded who runs the show. Least they begin to think they can run it better than the POTUS.
Yeah and thats the real issue.

Let me take this just from the position of the Vice President. Does a General, who likely has no foreign diplomacy training, really think he's a step ahead of a sitting Vice President who was previously the Chairman of the Foreign Policy committee?

anonymous

Former Staff
Jun 2008
Passing Through
Yeah and thats the real issue.

Let me take this just from the position of the Vice President. Does a General, who likely has no foreign diplomacy training, really think he's a step ahead of a sitting Vice President who was previously the Chairman of the Foreign Policy committee?
Apparently this general did and he needs to go.