The Trump administration tries to rewrite the story of America

Jul 2011
Tennessee
The Trump administration tries to rewrite the story of America
First Read is your briefing from "Meet the Press" and the NBC Political Unit on the day's most important political stories and why they matter.
By Chuck Todd, Mark Murray and Ben Kamisar

############################################################################################
The way things are going with Trump and his administration people can have little hope in seeing the once beautiful and free America continue to be that as long as Trump is in office. The country is now going in a wayward direction spiraling downward and that should not be happening and sets up a red flag. Trump appears hellbent on changing America into something that has heretofore not been seen. That is a bad move on his part and many are taking serious note and will undoubtedly remember in 2020 and change that scenario for the better under new Democratic leadership.
The days of Tim Russert are dead.

Todd has ruined the once prestigious Meet the Press with his personal politics.

The guy is a boob!!

Nov 2018
Maryland
I don't have an hour to get into all of the specific details. Suffice it to say that there has been nothing positive done since Trump took office. Some major things are also his lack of caring for those I care deeply about, something that has impacted me personally, such as the elderly, the sick, the poor, women, children, migrants, minorities, etc. that is something very hard to take when I see that they suffer greatly under Trump. Violence in this country has also reached an all time high during his administration and continues. And he has done nothing to help, augment and secure Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security plus he has no real plan for the American people to provide them with good healthcare and retain the pre-existing conditions clause plus children on their parents plan until they reach a certain age, etc. And now a recession is being predicted that will surely make me and many others worse off. That's just to begin with, things I care very deeply and passionately about.

In addition, the following report goes back to his earlier days but has great links throughout to prove the points made. Well worth reading.

The Damage Already Done by Trump’s Presidency
Trump’s just taking office, but he’s already cost America gravely
By Tim Dickinson
The Trump haters are the ones in denial. Unable to see that much good has been done under Trump. Jobs, for example. People have good jobs now, and few have to work two or three jobs like they did under Obama. Fewer Americans on food stamps and welfare. If you care so much about the poor, women and children, then you should be happy to see that the adults have jobs. Also, minorities are doing far better under Trump than Obama. Same for women.

And, as far as social security, medicare and medicaid, it's up to Congress to do something about those issues. BTW, under Trump social security benefits have gone up.

So, basically, you have nothing. Just a lot of nonsense.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
The Trump haters are the ones in denial. Unable to see that much good has been done under Trump. Jobs, for example. People have good jobs now, and few have to work two or three jobs like they did under Obama. Fewer Americans on food stamps and welfare. If you care so much about the poor, women and children, then you should be happy to see that the adults have jobs. Also, minorities are doing far better under Trump than Obama. Same for women.

And, as far as social security, medicare and medicaid, it's up to Congress to do something about those issues. BTW, under Trump social security benefits have gone up.

So, basically, you have nothing. Just a lot of nonsense.
Wrong. What I said makes great sense. But since you're very partisan on behalf of Trump of course you are not willing to listen to reason on those things. Few right-wingers are and that's why it becomes an exercise in futility when explaining things to you and to them. But I fully stand by those issues as they are grave ones. And
unlike you and your way of thinking it's not just about me as an individual, it is about the groups and people I care deeply about. When things like that affect a certain group of people it affects all of us who are very supportive of them and that are advocates for them and their plight. Jobs is not the number 1 issue people care about in this country as has been shown in poll after poll for your information.

And just ask minorities if they are doing better under Trump and they'll tell you where you can go. As for women, Trump needs to proclaim that they can now get EQUAL PAY to that of men and fight for that equality until they do. Until he does that he is not doing one damn thing for them. The important issues facing this country like Medicare, Medicaid shortages and SNAP program cuts are a lifeline to many Americans despite what you want to believe. And if Trump was a stronger leader he would be right up there fighting for those groups in Congress only he isn't and he won't. And let's not forget that even Republicans receive Medicare, Medicaid and Food Stamps. It takes a Democratic president to truly help the people who are in need in this country and not take away from them as Trump is doing by much preferring to help the rich instead of the poor and other needy Americans.

Nov 2018
Maryland
Wrong. What I said makes great sense. But since you're very partisan on behalf of Trump of course you are not willing to listen to reason on those things. Few right-wingers are and that's why it becomes an exercise in futility when explaining things to you and to them. But I fully stand by those issues as they are grave ones. And
unlike you and your way of thinking it's not just about me as an individual, it is about the groups and people I care deeply about. When things like that affect a certain group of people it affects all of us who are very supportive of them and that are advocates for them and their plight. Jobs is not the number 1 issue people care about in this country as has been shown in poll after poll for your information.

And just ask minorities if they are doing better under Trump and they'll tell you where you can go. As for women, Trump needs to proclaim that they can now get EQUAL PAY to that of men and fight for that equality until they do. Until he does that he is not doing one damn thing for them. The important issues facing this country like Medicare, Medicaid shortages and SNAP program cuts are a lifeline to many Americans despite what you want to believe. And if Trump was a stronger leader he would be right up there fighting for those groups in Congress only he isn't and he won't. And let's not forget that even Republicans receive Medicare, Medicaid and Food Stamps. It takes a Democratic president to truly help the people who are in need in this country and not take away from them as Trump is doing by much preferring to help the rich instead of the poor and other needy Americans.
Poll: Most Americans 'Better Off Financially' Under Trump ...
Poll: Most Americans 'Better Off Financially' Under Trump Than Obama
Poll: Most Americans 'Better Off Financially' Under Trump Than Obama. Males appear to be doing better in a Trump economy than females: 49% of males reported doing better, while 21% said they were doing worse. Alternatively 36% of females reported they were better off, while 30% said they were doing worse.