The wall is going up very fast!

Sep 2019
Idaho
I gave up on getting an honest good faith response from you. I determined that you are in hyper-partisan mode and not really interested in anything more than defending your side. I don’t need to refer to any post number to understand that. I am telling you “I give up - it isn’t stupid to spend billions of dollars on a barrier that can be easily compromised with a cheap saw”.
Truth is I have beaten you into submission with a steady flow of facts that you are unable and unwilling to respond to and you'd rather throw a temper tantrum and stomp out of the room than stuck around and learn something. Your arguments have all been defeated and rather than reassessing your opinions you choose to ignore logic and reality and what is true in favor of anything that props up what you want to be true. This is how liberals stay liberals.

May 2007
your place
Truth is I have beaten you into submission with a steady flow of facts that you are unable and unwilling to respond to and you'd rather throw a temper tantrum and stomp out of the room than stuck around and learn something. Your arguments have all been defeated and rather than reassessing your opinions you choose to ignore logic and reality and what is true in favor of anything that props up what you want to be true. This is how liberals stay liberals.

See. That’s what I am talking about. I provided a link showing that the expensive barrier was easily compromised with a cheap saw and you are mimicking Trump and trying to declare some sort of victory. If you see it as a victory that taxpayer money is being wasted on a political stunt to appease the dumb type of voters energized by Trump’s “wall” rhetoric, then by all means, congratulations.

Sep 2019
Idaho
See. That’s what I am talking about. I provided a link showing that the expensive barrier was easily compromised with a cheap saw and you are mimicking Trump and trying to declare some sort of victory. If you see it as a victory that taxpayer money is being wasted on a political stunt to appease the dumb type of voters energized by Trump’s “wall” rhetoric, then by all means, congratulations.
And I provided a link showing modifications are being made to thwart that and those breaches occurred in new construction where motion sensors had not yet been installed and the border patrol saying once they were installed they would be on scene before the hole was open. You ignored that reality because it conflicts with what you want to believe.

May 2007
your place
And I provided a link showing modifications are being made to thwart that and those breaches occurred in new construction where motion sensors had not yet been installed and the border patrol saying once they were installed they would be on scene before the hole was open. You ignored that reality because it conflicts with what you want to believe.
What post number was that?

Sep 2019
Idaho
And the full story on wall cutting is also enlightening.

"But as I say, the fact that some are getting through doesn’t mean that many more haven’t been successfully deterred. And, per WaPo, improvements are being made that’ll make it easier to detect the cutting going forward:"

“It’s happening but not to the point where it’s an issue,” said a CBP spokesman to CBS of the sawing. Even when the wall is breached, said a different official, that doesn’t mean the smugglers succeed in entering the country: “There are cameras, there are sensors, there’s the wall. All of that buys agents time and space to be able to respond. If someone cuts through the wall, by the time they finish there’s going to be an agent standing right there.”
Current and former CBP officials confirmed that there have been cutting breaches, but they said the new bollard system remains far superior and more formidable than any previous design.

Some of the damage has happened in areas where construction crews have yet to complete the installation of electronic sensors that, once operational, will more quickly detect the vibrations that sawing produces on the bollards, the officials said

Oct 2013
USA
Translation for Bluesman who is actually much more aware then a Goose or Berry; When someone claims wins constantly no matter the subject it is a low self esteem issue. Be kind to him.

Reactions: BitterPill
Oct 2013
USA
It was his inaccurate link that he thinks made the flawed wall taken down by a $100 Sawzall disappear in his mind. By the way it not only cut the steel but it cut the cement holding the steel. That cement cut creates another weak spot unless we tear that section down (perhaps daily) and replace the brand new flawed walls.

Sep 2016
My own world
You should read Art of the Deal. You would see Trump likes to ask for much than he actually wants so he has room to negotiate. Problem is democrats refuse to negotiate on this because they consider any wall at all being built a political win for Trump.
You should hear the actual guy who wrote it for Trump.

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.”

Sep 2016
My own world
Feel free to do so. Nobody else has even tried. It's much like somebody proposing building a house with wood and political opponents saying it's a stupid idea because wood is prone to bug infestation and rot which is entirely true but when you actually look at alternative home building materials and their cost and flaws wood starts looking pretty good in comparison.
Cut me a check and I'll get her done.

May 2007
your place

That is a right wing website and if you read the whole thing, it still doesn’t sound like an endorsement.
However, I understand that you have declared victory so again, congratulations. Meanwhile, saw and ladder sales in Mexico remain robust.