The wall is going up very fast!

Sep 2016
My own world
Amazing what you don't know isn't it. Try some news sources other than left wing propoganda.
WASHINGTON – U.S. Customs and Border Protection has completed construction of approximately 50 miles of new bollard wall projects authorized by funding from fiscal years 2017 and 2018.
"In fiscal year 2017 CBP received $341 million for the construction of approximately 40 miles of new Bollard Wall and gates in priority areas at the San Diego, El Centro, El Paso and the Rio Grande Valley Sectors. To this date, CBP has completed the construction of approximately 99 percent of the 40 miles funded in fiscal year 2017. Additionally, construction of 35 gates to close gaps in current border infrastructure in the Rio Grande Valley sector continues.

CBP also has completed approximately 10 miles of the 80 miles of new border wall of funded by Congress for fiscal year 2018. The $1.375 million assigned for construction will allow CBP will focus its construction efforts in priority areas in the Rio Grande Valley and San Diego.

Border wall construction planning efforts will continue in fiscal year 2019, as CBP will use $2 billion authorized by Congress to build approximately 85 miles of new border wall focus in the Rio Grande Valley.

As for replacing old barriers when you replace falling down fences with new and improved barriers I'd say thats new walls.

"Construction of a 30ft-high section of Donald Trump’s border barrier has begun in the Organ Pipe Cactus national monument in southern Arizona, a federally protected wilderness area and Unesco-recognized international biosphere reserve."

Existing border fence at Organ Pipe Cactus national monument near Lukeville, Arizona, on 16 February 2017, on the US-Mexico border.
Existing border fence at Organ Pipe Cactus national monument near Lukeville, Arizona, on 16 February 2017,

Border wall construction at the Organ Pipe Cactus national monument.
Border wall construction at the Organ Pipe Cactus national monument. Photograph: Center for Biological Diversity

And the new wall is needed!

Park rangers have closed 60 percent of Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument to visitors, including the Old Sonoyta Highway, due to drug smuggling and illegal migration (Photo by Steve Garufi).

"August of 2002, a stolen SUV with gun-wielding men drove a common route through a flimsy fence that separated Mexico from Arizona. Organ Pipe Park Ranger Kris Eggle was shot and killed while assisting U.S. Customs and Border Protection in apprehending the men who were suspected in drug-related murders.

The death of the 28-year-old started a movement to protect the park and those who serve it from the dangers of the border."

27 September 2019
No, Trump's administration lies again.

Overall, $9.8bn has been secured since January 2017 to construct approximately 509 miles of "new border wall system", according to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
A total of 57 miles of replacement barrier and nine miles of new secondary barrier have been constructed - a total of 66 miles.

However, no "new wall" - any extension to existing structures - has yet been completed.

Sep 2019
Idaho
That is a right wing website and if you read the whole thing, it still doesn’t sound like an endorsement.
However, I understand that you have declared victory so again, congratulations. Meanwhile, saw and ladder sales in Mexico remain robust.
I don't declare victory, you conceded defeat.

Sep 2019
Idaho
27 September 2019
No, Trump's administration lies again.

Overall, $9.8bn has been secured since January 2017 to construct approximately 509 miles of "new border wall system", according to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
A total of 57 miles of replacement barrier and nine miles of new secondary barrier have been constructed - a total of 66 miles.

However, no "new wall" - any extension to existing structures - has yet been completed.

I showed you new wall stats but more importantly I showed you fences in Organ Pipe Cactus NP that were a joke and are being replaced with a wall that murdering drug smugglers can't drive right through. Fixing problem areas like this are obviously the first priority.

Dec 2015
SoCal
I showed you new wall stats but more importantly I showed you fences in Organ Pipe Cactus NP that were a joke and are being replaced with a wall that murdering drug smugglers can't drive right through. Fixing problem areas like this are obviously the first priority.
Perhaps a moat with alligators and snakes would be both cheaper and more effective.

Sep 2016
My own world
So I was right and you were wrong. No new wall, just replacement wall.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
May 2007
your place
Here’s an idea, how about having the over reaching federal government end the racist “war on drugs”? The prohibition of alcohol fueled all kinds of violence. Same thing is happening with drugs. They are only as profitable as they are because they are illegal.

Sep 2016
My own world
Easy to criticize but a bit more difficult to come up with something on your own isn't it
Humans at intervals monitoring sections, drones flying over head monitoring sections, electronic invisible fencing setting off silent alarms, underground noise sensors, all of these things would send a signal to guards within reach of the breach. And yes in some places were a physical barrier makes sense like through urban parts where 24/7 people would be be noticed if they tried to get over, through or under a fence. Like I say, some Americans tend to use a blow torch to scratch an itch instead of a finger nail.

You have a short memory I outlined a shit load of ways to secure a border.