The world's gone mad

Nov 2015
UK
I was sitting tonight thinking about doing a poll on what people thought was the main nuttiest example of today's society; from vegan pig sweets, genders, vanity, snowflakes, postman pat, Trump and so on.

Then I came across a video of Piers Morgan.

Love him or hate him, I'm not interested but if you watch and listen to what he says, he's bang on.

Piers is a liberal, he admits that in the video and he doesn't like Trump's politics, listen to what he says, that's up around the 11:30 mark.

But even a few minutes in, he hits the nail on the head and you'll see how the likes of this forum fits in.

Even Brexit.

WARNING

If you haven't got the stomach to listen about Obama, Trump, Brexit etc.. get off the video.

Thoughts?

May 2019
midwest
I was sitting tonight thinking about doing a poll on what people thought was the main nuttiest example of today's society; from vegan pig sweets, genders, vanity, snowflakes, postman pat, Trump and so on.

Love him or hate him, I'm not interested but if you watch and listen to what he says, he's bang on.

Piers is a liberal, he admits that in the video and he doesn't like Trump's politics, listen to what he says, that's up around the 11:30 mark.

But even a few minutes in, he hits the nail on the head and you'll see how the likes of this forum fits in.

Even Brexit.

WARNING

If you haven't got the stomach to listen about Obama, Trump, Brexit etc.. get off the video.

Thoughts?

So I started @ the 11:30 mark as you suggested. Morgan asks (12:20 mark) how many illegal immigrants did Obama deport in 8 years? The answer he says is 3 million (8 years). So why is the liar in chief Trump lagging behind?

And your point is?
:cool:

By the numbers:
Under the Obama administration, total ICE deportations were above 385,000 each year in fiscal years 2009-2011, and hit a high of 409,849 in fiscal 2012. The numbers dropped to below 250,000 in fiscal years 2015 and 2016.
  • Under Trump, ICE deportations fell to 226,119 in fiscal 2017, then ticked up to over 250,000 in fiscal 2018 and hit a Trump administration high of 282,242 this fiscal year (as of June).
  • ICE and DHS didn't respond to a request for comment.

Nov 2015
UK
So I started @ the 11:30 mark as you suggested. Morgan asks (12:20 mark) how many illegal immigrants did Obama deport in 8 years? The answer he says is 3 million (8 years). So why is the liar in chief Trump lagging behind?

And your point is?
:cool:

By the numbers:
Under the Obama administration, total ICE deportations were above 385,000 each year in fiscal years 2009-2011, and hit a high of 409,849 in fiscal 2012. The numbers dropped to below 250,000 in fiscal years 2015 and 2016.
  • Under Trump, ICE deportations fell to 226,119 in fiscal 2017, then ticked up to over 250,000 in fiscal 2018 and hit a Trump administration high of 282,242 this fiscal year (as of June).
  • ICE and DHS didn't respond to a request for comment.
My point is, he's bang on, he hit the nail on the head throughout the video. Which I said in my OP.

Then the last part is, "Thoughts". Do you see how that works now!!

Jan 2019
southeast

Even Brexit.

WARNING

Thoughts?

He is spot on!

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Just seems to covers all the problems and sums them up in thirty odd minutes.

And we suffer the tribalism on forums.
Tribalism is everywhere, but there tends to be more rampant stupidity on forums (your posts, for example) than anything else.

And Piers Morgan is just one more asshole in a world full of them. So, why bother?

Next.

Nov 2015
UK
Tribalism is everywhere, but there tends to be more rampant stupidity on forums (your posts, for example) than anything else.

And Piers Morgan is just one more asshole in a world full of them. So, why bother?

Next.
Good try at baiting. Thank you for proving Piers right.

Jan 2019
southeast
Just seems to covers all the problems and sums them up in thirty odd minutes.

And we suffer the tribalism on forums.
For sure, I totally agree...like he said the social media has created that problem. Being self-righteous is a killer. Love the part when he talked about 'snowflakes'. It is interesting what we have done to our kids here in the US. Never understood this everyone gets a trophy. There are winners and losers. They need to be taught to accept being defeated and tell yourself we are going to be winners next time.