The Young Turks’ Hasan Piker Says ‘America Deserved 9/11’, Mocks Dan Crenshaw’s War Injury

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
You can criticize the President for being full of himself if you like. He does like to brag at times. So I don't really have a problem with that. But your example - when he was joking about being the chosen one to take on China - is just a ridiculous example of it. That was not him being narcissistic. That was him being comedic.

Most of your examples of so-called "lies" are not something I would consider lies either. Differences of opinion are not lies.

An example of the kind of lie that I am talking about is when Alex Jones went around telling everyone Mrs. Clinton was involved in a child molestation outfit inside the cellar of some pizza joint. Clinton should be allowed to sue him over that - but she can't - because of ridiculous restrictions put on public figures and ridiculous protections given to our media. That's what needs to change.

The media should not be allowed to libel others without consequence simply because they are the media and their targets are public figures. But people giving their own point of view - no matter how incorrect or false you believe they are - isn't what I'm talking about here. That's fine. I"m talking about lies that directly target others in an effort to destroy their reputations.
The media could better distinguish between news and commentary, especially on those calling themselves "News outlets" and it does get conflated sometimes with brief reporting of events and then the inevitable panel of experts providing "analysis".

But how can you possible say Trump doesn't lie? He lies all the time about things and presents them as facts. Particularly upsetting are the impossible numbers he throws out there. No one is forcing him to answer or speculate if he doesn't have his facts straight and that's usually the case. From economic numbers to crowd sizes to the amount of money being collected from tariffs (not to mention, who pays those tariffs), he just makes up stuff.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
The media could better distinguish between news and commentary, especially on those calling themselves "News outlets" and it does get conflated sometimes with brief reporting of events and then the inevitable panel of experts providing "analysis".

But how can you possible say Trump doesn't lie? He lies all the time about things and presents them as facts. Particularly upsetting are the impossible numbers he throws out there. No one is forcing him to answer or speculate if he doesn't have his facts straight and that's usually the case. From economic numbers to crowd sizes to the amount of money being collected from tariffs (not to mention, who pays those tariffs), he just makes up stuff.
Your differences with Trump is your own business. I'm not really interested in pursuing that here.

Whether you believe he lies or not wasn't the point I was trying to make. What I was trying to do was point out the differences in what you were referring to and what I was referring to. For example: exaggerating about crowd sizes is not a lie you can take someone to court over and is protected under free speech. Libel speech however that is directed at an individual that causes harm to them or their reputations is a different matter and something the media should not be able to get away with in respect to "public figures". If we did that to someone we'd be sued for it. The media should be no different.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Jul 2016
Florida
I think the guy is a piece of crap. But I'm not seeing the violation there. Twitter goes out of business if they start banning people for being dicks.

Plus, Crenshaw can handle himself against turds like that...

Funny thing is this guy managed to get his 15 seconds of fame thanks to some blubbering righties.

The same whiners who give their leader a pass for saying even worse day in and day out.