Theresa May survives another No Confidence vote

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The U.K. government led by Prime Minister Theresa May has survived a vote of no confidence.

Lawmakers in the U.K.'s lower house of parliament, the House of Commons, voted to defeat the motion raised by the leader of the main opposition Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, by 325 votes to 306.

May was backed by members of the Northern Irish Democratic Unionist Party and the Brexiteer Conservative Party lawmakers who had voted against her EU withdrawal plan in the same chamber only 24 hours earlier.

May's victory drastically reduces the likelihood that her government will face a General Election in coming weeks, appearing to remove at least one strand of uncertainty from the Brexit confusion.

However, she still faces the task of cobbling together a deal that will satisfy both lawmakers in Europe and the U.K. as well as delivering on the 2016 referendum result.

UK government survives no-confidence vote after its crushing Brexit defeat

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
The U.K. government led by Prime Minister Theresa May has survived a vote of no confidence.

Lawmakers in the U.K.'s lower house of parliament, the House of Commons, voted to defeat the motion raised by the leader of the main opposition Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, by 325 votes to 306.

May was backed by members of the Northern Irish Democratic Unionist Party and the Brexiteer Conservative Party lawmakers who had voted against her EU withdrawal plan in the same chamber only 24 hours earlier.

May's victory drastically reduces the likelihood that her government will face a General Election in coming weeks, appearing to remove at least one strand of uncertainty from the Brexit confusion.

However, she still faces the task of cobbling together a deal that will satisfy both lawmakers in Europe and the U.K. as well as delivering on the 2016 referendum result.

UK government survives no-confidence vote after its crushing Brexit defeat

I have to admit, I feel slightly better knowing the Brits are dealing with nearly the same level of leadership stupidity as us.

Nov 2015
UK
I have to admit, I feel slightly better knowing the Brits are dealing with nearly the same level of leadership stupidity as us.
The crap the UK is going through, makes the American Democrats look like a pile of pussies with their fake dilemma over Trump. You democrats need to give yourselves a shake because it's the Democrats that are the laughing stock of America and they're too dimwitted to see that.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The crap the UK is going through, makes the American Democrats look like a pile of pussies with their fake dilemma over Trump. You democrats need to give yourselves a shake because it's the Democrats that are the laughing stock of America and they're too dimwitted to see that.
I saw a bit of Parliament on our news yesterday and they were yelling and heckling. Not sure about what or who but it sure was different than the US.