Theresa May survives

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
If the Brexiteers who initiated this are determined, they can force May out with a floor resolution.

If even 50 Tories join with the opposition on such a measure, she's toast.

She won't be *compelled* to leave, as she would've been on this measure, but staying would be unthinkable.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
If the Brexiteers who initiated this are determined, they can force May out with a floor resolution.

If even 50 Tories join with the opposition on such a measure, she's toast.

She won't be *compelled* to leave, as she would've been on this measure, but staying would be unthinkable.
From what they are saying on the news most seem content to let her be. She has promised she will not run again and will resign in 2021. That seemed to appease some.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
From what they are saying on the news most seem content to let her be.

She has promised she will not run again and will resign in 2021. That seemed to appease some.
Right, but there's also some Brexiteers who are pissed off that they held the vote today, allowing no time to whip votes against May.

If they're really determined, they can still get rid of her. They just have to do it outside of the party.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Right, but there's also some Brexiteers who are pissed off that they held the vote today, allowing no time to whip votes against May.

If they're really determined, they can still get rid of her. They just have to do it outside of the party.
True but I just dont see that. I have to think they want this whole thing over. She has committed to the March Brexit. We will see how that goes.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
True but I just dont see that. I have to think they want this whole thing over. She has committed to the March Brexit. We will see how that goes.
Ain't gonna go well, I'm afraid. No Deal seems increasingly likely, and the country won't tolerate that for long.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Ain't gonna go well, I'm afraid. No Deal seems increasingly likely, and the country won't tolerate that for long.
What a mess. Now in the same day they move on to Corbyn and more allegations of anti semitism. Dont they have any other leaders over there??? Surprised Boris Johnson isnt right up there. lol