They're workin' it........the One Party State of America.....

Jun 2013
Here
Don't believe me, just keep your eyes and ears open. First they work to draw the unthinking in, to back their rise to power.......Then they take power, not only from their opposition, but eventually, from those that helped them to gain their seats of power.

Written in 2004
"Third, the federal courts, which have slowed some executive-branch efforts to destroy liberties, will be a complete rubber stamp if the right wins one more presidential election."
America as a One-Party State

A message of things to come and what Americans should come to expect?
"Court Overturns Precedent, Raising Concern Over What’s Next"
Court Overturns Precedent, Raising Concern Over What’s Next (2)

The crooks allowed to investigate those who uncovered their crookedness, backed by the complicity (even through silence) of spineless partisans
"Barr assigns US attorney in Connecticut to look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign: source"
Barr assigns US attorney in Connecticut to look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign: source

"Only in the Panhandle': Trump chuckles when audience member suggests shooting migrants:
'Only in the Panhandle': Trump chuckles when audience member suggests shooting migrants

"Donald Trump's absurd claim that he knows nothing about former KKK leader David Duke"
Donald Trump's absurd claim that he knows nothing about former KKK leader David Duke

"Did Donald Trump Encourage Violence at His Rallies?"
FACT CHECK: Did Donald Trump Encourage Violence at His Rallies?

"One-party state"
One-party state - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Rise of One-Party States | National Review

ONE-PARTY REGIMES: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS on JSTOR

The Rise And Rule Of Single Party States - IB History

"Authoritarianism"
"Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by strong central power and limited political freedoms. Individual freedoms are subordinate to the state and there is no constitutional accountability and rule of law under an authoritarian regime. Authoritarian regimes can be autocratic with power concentrated in one person or it can be more spread out between multiple officials and government institutions.[1] Juan Linz's influential 1964 description of authoritarianism[2]characterized authoritarian political systems by four qualities:"
  1. "Limited political pluralism, that is such regimes place constraints on political institutions and groups like legislatures, political parties and interest groups;"
  2. "A basis for legitimacy based on emotion, especially the identification of the regime as a necessary evil to combat "easily recognizable societal problems" such as enemies of the people or state, underdevelopment or insurgency;"
  3. "Minimal social mobilization most often caused by constraints on the public such as suppression of political opponents and anti-regime activity;"
  4. "Informally defined executive power with often vague and shifting, but vast powers.[3]"
Authoritarianism - Wikipedia

"Populism"
"Populism refers to a range of political stances that emphasise the idea of "the people" and often juxtapose this group against "the elite." There is no single definition of the term, which developed in the 19th century and has been used to mean various things since that time. Few politicians or political groups describe themselves as "populist" and in political discourse the term is often applied to others pejoratively. Within political science and other social sciences, various different definitions of populism have been used, although some scholars propose rejecting the term altogether. "
Populism - Wikipedia

"Soft Despotism"
"Our contemporaries are constantly excited by two conflicting passions: they want to be led, and they wish to remain free. As they cannot destroy either the one or the other of these contrary propensities, they strive to satisfy them both at once. They devise a sole, tutelary, and all-powerful form of government, but elected by the people. They combine the principle of centralization and that of popular sovereignty; this gives them a respite: they console themselves for being in tutelage by the reflection that they have chosen their own guardians. Every man allows himself to be put in leading-strings, because he sees that it is not a person or a class of persons, but the people at large who hold the end of his chain."
"By this system the people shake off their state of dependence just long enough to select their master and then relapse into it again. A great many persons at the present day are quite contented with this sort of compromise between administrative despotism and the sovereignty of the people; and they think they have done enough for the protection of individual freedom when they have surrendered it to the power of the nation at large. This does not satisfy me: the nature of him I am to obey signifies less to me than the fact of extorted obedience. I do not deny, however, that a constitution of this kind appears to me to be infinitely preferable to one which, after having concentrated all the powers of government, should vest them in the hands of an irresponsible person or body of persons. Of all the forms that democratic despotism could assume, the latter would assuredly be the worst."
Soft despotism - Wikipedia

May 2012
By the wall
Since you know what's going to happen you should probably make your run for the border now before we lock it down and you are trapped here.

May 2014
New Mexico
For someone who has an Avatar named "Not Afraid", he sure sounds very afraid....

If the Democratic Party wanted to stay in play, they would have curbed the excesses of their radical-far-left members, and given the microphone to their moderates years ago.

If they wanted to keep the votes of the huge Working-White voting Bloc, the would have rejected the extremes of anti-white hatred coming from many of their candidates and media outlets.

Now they're becoming a minor, third party, and the GOP centrist faction is taking the lead in American politics.

They've no one to blame but themselves.

-

Mar 2019
TN
For someone who has an Avatar named "Not Afraid", he sure sounds very afraid....

If the Democratic Party wanted to stay in play, they would have curbed the excesses of their radical-far-left members, and given the microphone to their moderates years ago.

If they wanted to keep the votes of the huge Working-White voting Bloc, the would have rejected the extremes of anti-white hatred coming from many of their candidates and media outlets.

Now they're becoming a minor, third party, and the GOP centrist faction is taking the lead in American politics.

They've no one to blame but themselves.

-
Donald Trump, puppet and Manchurian candidate of the American Christian Taliban are dragging this country to the extreme right. There IS NO centrist faction of the GOP anymore. I voted Republican most of my life. But the party I supported no longer exists. Goldwater was right. The GOP got in bed with the fucking preachers and the fundamentalist extremist and it no longer exist. We now have the party of Trump and as I said he is nothing more than the puppet of the American Christian Taliban.

But you right, I believe the Dems are ever so quietly shuffling the more extreme members off the platform and the more moderates are taking center stage. Yeah we let the AOCs of the world have their time in the spot light. And the GOP certainly wants to make it SEEM as if the more extreme elements have take control by constantly posting and parsing every world they say. But in real world terms they have little influence over the party and some have even had their hand slapped by their own party.

Apr 2012
When you have only two viable political parties and the leadership of both of them work for the economic elite and basically ignore the working class it really looks like a one party system.

Jun 2013
Here
Donald Trump, puppet and Manchurian candidate of the American Christian Taliban are dragging this country to the extreme right. There IS NO centrist faction of the GOP anymore. I voted Republican most of my life. But the party I supported no longer exists. Goldwater was right. The GOP got in bed with the fucking preachers and the fundamentalist extremist and it no longer exist. We now have the party of Trump and as I said he is nothing more than the puppet of the American Christian Taliban.

But you right, I believe the Dems are ever so quietly shuffling the more extreme members off the platform and the more moderates are taking center stage. Yeah we let the AOCs of the world have their time in the spot light. And the GOP certainly wants to make it SEEM as if the more extreme elements have take control by constantly posting and parsing every world they say. But in real world terms they have little influence over the party and some have even had their hand slapped by their own party.
I grew up in a Republican family (much different than today's neo-republican party) and I too was a Republican, also and I two left the party for the same reasons you point out. Apparently, rather than introspection and the application of scruples, the current "republican" party prefers instead to dive deeper into the gutter. It does not really matter if this is done by intent or the unintended consequences of electing someone with the characteristics of Donald Trump, the patterns are the same as those that occurred in past history. If unintended consequences, the opportunity is opening up for those who do have intent and for competitors of the U.S. on the world stage, I imagine they are pleased as punch to see America divided and devolving from its base roots of existence. They are poised and ready to fill the void a divided and fallen America would provide and they are pleased as can be to have discovered someone with the personality characteristics to carry out their work, better and less expensively than by military action or expense.

Hell, all criminals "win"/"profit" no less and in some cases more than honest people who may also be generous and kind, but the latter aren't trampling all kinds of rules and people, like the former are, in order to "get ahead".

The neo-republican party appears to keep making Faustian deals and because they also appear to have lost or traded away a general sense of not only scruples, but basic intelligence in exchange for a political "win" When they fail as any deal with the devil is likely to fail and cost the deal maker dearly, they simply try to blame it on their political opposition, then double down with an even worse Faustian deal than the last one they made.

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Here
When you have only two viable political parties and the leadership of both of them work for the economic elite and basically ignore the working class it really looks like a one party system.
When you have a segment of the population that claims to hate "elites" then elect a man that by all definitions of "elite", not only IS an elite, but brags about how much of an "elite" he is, you have the portrait of a population that lacks mental capacity in some way, shape or form and one that likely, sabotages itself, not doubt with some support, encouragement and some pushing by those that are happy to see them sabotage themselves because of what a failure of this nation would mean for their nations coming in and filling the void America once filled.

Visions come to mind of all the populations in history that handed any power they had, to someone who then removed from them any power they had to remove the person they gave power to and you're looking at the direction America has been heading in, wittingly or unwittingly, regardless of a purposeful intent or as an unintended consequence of a lack of capacity for extended and critical thinking.

Last edited:
Apr 2012
We now have a president who was elected on his personality not his ability or qualifications.
And we have a majority party in the Senate that blindly supports party before country.

This looks like a case of an electorate too stupid to not be abused by power.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. H. L. Mencken
Read more at: H. L. Mencken Quotes - BrainyQuote

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable. H. L. Mencken

In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican. H. L. Mencken

The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety. H. L. Mencken