Think Rush Limbaugh is a GOP shill? Think again.

Mar 2010
Near Austin TX
Today's Limbaugh monologue reminded me of all the times his critics have accused him of being a Republican tool. I've heard him rip the GOP many times, and here is another example. In his own words he is a conservative, not a Republican. Just thought you all should know for the next time you want to flame him.

Conservative Candidates Saved the GOP, Yet Our Elites Rip Them

It's further evidence we are being governed by a minority. And wait a minute. We were told that the Tea Party would drive independents away, the Trent Lotts, the Lindsey Grahamnestys, the John McCains, I don't care who you go to in the Republican establishment all told us that the Tea Party would drive independents away. The Tea Party saved Lindsey Graham's bacon. The Tea Party saved the Republican Party. Were it not for the Tea Party, all of this that we're discussing would be academic. The Republicans would not have won diddly-squat. And yet, and maybe precisely because of that, the Tea Party is as resented by the Republicans as voters at large are held in contempt by Democrats. The Republicans are actually a little miffed at how they won. When you get right down to it, they are. How else do you explain that stupid story in The Politico yesterday? Failure. Failure, in the midst of a wipeout, in the midst of an historic win, 63 House seats, six Senate seats, we get a story about failure, Republican Tea Party failure because the Republicans did not win their precious chairmanships in the Senate.

So what we're faced with today is a Republican establishment ticked off at how they won, and doing their best to this moment to convince everybody that the Tea Party is why they didn't win even bigger. Well, that and the fact I talked about football too much. Mr. Galston continues: "This shift is part of a broader trend: Over the past two decades, moderates have trended down as share of the total electorate while conservatives have gone up. In 1992, moderates were 43 percent of the total; in 2006, 38 percent; today, only 35 percent," of the electorate, and yet they're the wonderful, smartest in the room people, they are the ones we have to go after. For conservatives, here are the numbers. In 1992, 36%. In 2006, 37%. In 2010, 42% versus 35% moderates.

"So the 2010 electorate does not represent a disproportional mobilization of conservatives: If the 2010 electorate had perfectly reflected the voting-age population, it would actually have been a bit more conservative and less moderate than was the population that showed up at the polls." What's happening here is that independents are shifting conservative. And who made that happen? Who's responsible for that, aside from me, of course, the Tea Party. The Tea Party is the reason and Obama is the reason independents started voting conservative. Regardless why, there is a conservative ascendancy. And who do you have trying to beat it down? The Republican GOP establishment, led by Lindsey Graham and Trent Lott and whoever else you want to throw into it, using willing accomplices at The Politico.

Sure would love to watch Graham and Lott listening to today's show, or reading this.

May 2006
Bizzaro Werld
Today's Limbaugh monologue reminded me of all the times his critics have accused him of being a Republican tool. I've heard him rip the GOP many times, and here is another example. In his own words he is a conservative, not a Republican. Just thought you all should know for the next time you want to flame him.

Conservative Candidates Saved the GOP, Yet Our Elites Rip Them

Sure would love to watch Graham and Lott listening to today's show, or reading this.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

nonesense. This is simply Rush bashing the moderates within the Republicans party.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
This is simply Rush bashing the moderates within the Republicans party.
And it's a simple fact that the Republicans did not win this election, the Democrats lost it. The Republicans were simply the alternative to pick up all the people who were pissed off. And the Tea Party is the primary, perhaps only, reason why the GOP remains the minority in the Senate.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
And it's a simple fact that the Republicans did not win this election, the Democrats lost it. The Republicans were simply the alternative to pick up all the people who were pissed off. And the Tea Party is the primary, perhaps only, reason why the GOP remains the minority in the Senate.
... But apart from that...Rush remains a shill for the more far out lunatic righties.

Feb 2010
Anger at Tea. Anger at Rush. Anger at GOP. Anger at everone except themselves.

Hello. Earth to mothership Denial...it ain't a river in Egypt.