This is CNN: Network links to its own 2017 story disproving narrative Trump called Charlottesville neo-Nazis ‘very fine people’

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Pretty sure actual transcripts do not lie

TRUMP: I do think there is blame – yes, I think there is blame on both sides. You look at, you look at both sides. I think there’s blame on both sides, and I have no doubt about it, and you don't have any doubt about it either. And, and, and, and if you reported it accurately, you would say.

REPORTER: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville.

TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville

Yeah, they did not put themselves down a neo-nazis - other than saying "Jews Will Not Replace Us"

Trump cult can try to spin this way over and over, not going to change the fact that he called Nazi's "very fine people".
You're the one spinning it.

He actually called white supremacists evil and repugnant to America. Not everyone who showed up at that event were Nazis. There were people who went there only to protest the removal of the Lee Statue and who did not march with the Nazis. You are smearing everyone there by pretending everyone who attended the event were Nazis. They weren't.

It's just sad these Charlottesville lies are still the best you people have. When you have to keep regurgitating weak shit like this then that's when you know you're in trouble.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
The left lie because they hate Trump and want others to hate him like they do. They push their false narrative, because it makes some believe the lie.

Any reasonable person person knows that Trump was not defending racists. He never will.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The left lie because they hate Trump and want others to hate him like they do. They push their false narrative, because it makes some believe the lie.

Any reasonable person person knows that Trump was not defending racists. He never will.
The Left lies because most are dispicable human beings with no moral compass whatsoever.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
According to the New York Times, the new book, Kushner Inc., by journalist Vicky Ward, says that Ivanka told Cohn: “My dad’s not a racist.” (The White House has “dismissed the book,” the Times notes.)

CNN reported on the Times story and referred to the claim throughout the broadcast day Tuesday.

What’s notable is that CNN‘s article about the book linked to its own Charlottesville coverage.

The story, headlined, “Trump says both sides to blame amid Charlottesville backlash,” written by Dan Merica and published on August 16, 2017, leaves no question who Trump was talking about when he used the phrase “very fine people”:

Trump said there were some “very bad people” on both sides, but that there was some who came out to protest the removal of Robert E. Lee’s statue who were “fine people.”

“You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, to them, of a very, very important statue and a renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name,” Trump said.

Pressed by reporters, Trump raised Washington and Jefferson, arguing there could be a slippery slope.

Breitbart editor-at-large Joel B. Pollack notes:

CNN’s own contemporaneous reporting contradicts what many of its main news anchors, contributors, and reporters — including Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper, Jim Acosta, April Ryan, and others — have claimed recently: namely, that Trump suggested “there are very fine people in the Nazis,” in Acosta’s words.

This is CNN: Network links to its own 2017 story disproving narrative Trump called Charlottesville neo-Nazis ‘very fine people’

I pretty sure there is no denying this.

Not that any informed person needed this comparison to understand what CNN was doing here.