The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I am not going to ding Trump on this thing.

It's a complicated situation and the right answer is murky. Also, everything we do does not actually filter all the way to Trump, so who knows if he even did anything at all on this specific issue.
He is the head of state. It is natural to want to blame him for everything lol

It's same everywhere.

Here in Canada, when anything bad happens, you always have someone bringing up Trudeau, whether relevant or not haha

And, hell, even in Russia too...

Any kind of article/report no matter what.

Back in November, for example, in Belgorod, a suburb of Moscow, a teacher in a local school got into a big physical scuffle with a violent student (Grade 8 boy), which went viral online:
Teacher kept his job too, it was ruled not to be his fault lol

On the other hand, half the comments I saw online brought Putin into it. How there is no more discipline in the schools under his rule (unlike in Soviet era); and how he has made corruption and criminality and violence acceptable and it is allowed to be propagandised to young people; which is why shit like this goes on. Etc.

And that's just one example. People over there blame Putin for every crap that happens, just like Trump or Trudeau here haha

Just as Chinese, honestly, blame Xi; and Turks - Erdogan.

It's a global/humanity thing. :)

Reactions: highway234
Sep 2016
My own world
I don't think he's the same as trump. He's asked for smaller buyouts, because he hasn't compromised himself quite as much. He just let Bush 43 off. On the other hand, he gave the pubbies a bargain on that. Maybe because he was new.

The next democrat will get the job of getting Trump off, and he'll probably ask for more. Looking forward and not back is not getting cheaper, yanno what I mean? ;)
I agree to the point Obama's administration should not have let George W. Bush and his administration off for lying and make no mistake they knowingly lied about WMD's. They basically threatened anyone who didn't tow the line or else=see Valerie Plame as an example. Do you really think what was done to her was not in retaliation for her husband speaking out about WMD's? Of course it was, only a fool thinks outing her as a CIA operative was anything other than plain revenge and all efforts were made to discredit her and her husband on top of that.
The Senior Family of Bush were no strangers to threatening people including journalists framing them if he had the chance. They'd feed them fake intelligence and then embarrassing them in order to discredit them if they got to close to anything damaging. The Bush's used Trump tactics way before Trump did but they were not as thin skinned as Trump and the were better at hiding it.
The Bushes didn't go bat shit crazy when it came to the minor stuff like Trump does either but when it came to the WMD the Bush's pulled all the stops to twist arms and push for the war and even blackmail to cover up some bad shit.

The problem with the next administration going after Trump for all that he has done before and during his Presidency is that they really have a case against him and need to be careful about not fucking it up by making it partisan. I think the Mueller investigation isn't finished and perhaps another Independent Council has to be appointed or even a committee
needs to be established away from elected officials and turned over to retired prosecutors and judges and investigators to finish it, determine if and what charges are warranted and not let the decision making process come back to any Justice Department of any administration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Friday13

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
Trump is making money from tax payers every time he stays at one of his properties. You’re a fool if you think otherwise
OH Obama fucked over taxpayers just think of the millions that lost pensions because his treasury had billions in Auto Bonds forgiven...

Oh he fucked over taxpayers by Giving GE TAX FREE STATUS and increased tax burden on middle class

Trump on the other hand has creatd a 6000 dollar increase / year in MIDDLE CLASS INCOMES. on average.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/10/15/its_a_middle-class_boom_141497.html

BOOM!

Reactions: Izzshemovin
Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
OH Obama fucked over taxpayers just think of the millions that lost pensions because his treasury had billions in Auto Bonds forgiven...

Oh he fucked over taxpayers by Giving GE TAX FREE STATUS and increased tax burden on middle class

Trump on the other hand has creatd a 6000 dollar increase / year in MIDDLE CLASS INCOMES. on average.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/10/15/its_a_middle-class_boom_141497.html

BOOM!
You’re all over the place! Don’t hurt yourself moving those goal posts. BOOM? Did you shit yourself?

• Love
Sep 2016
My own world
what's interesting about trump making sure he gets his payola now is that I think he and his people understand he's probably not going to get the elder statesman treatment when (if) he leaves office. It's smart, in a crass kind of way.
highway234, here's a common sense thing for you. Don't piss on everyone you know while your working in a job that might be in a position to help you in your next job. That's not getting payola, that's common sense.

Last edited:
  • Love