Jul 2019
Atlanta
Every day I see more clues that Trump is going to run in part on being "tough on terror". He did the same in 2016, calling Obama the founder of ISIS.

He gave Obama a lot of grief for failing to "vet" the San Bernadino & Pulse shooters, both of whom were born in the US.

Trump railed about banning Muslims & enacting "extreme vetting" and since his becoming president has taken the number of refugees to almost zero.

After droning Suliemani, he warned Iran not to retaliate and when they did, he did not respond, instead opting to tweet "all is well" because the missiles fired at our bases in Iraq didn't kill anyone.

The minute the Pensacola shooting happened, he started defending the KSA and often brags about them "paying cash" in return for our troops being stationed there as security guards for oil fields.

This thread is my attempt to provide balance to argument that Dems are Muslim loving terrorist sympathizers by pointing out the hypocrisy in Trump's policy towards majority Muslim countries.

I thought for a while that the part of Trump's base who claimed their support was partly due to him not starting a new war was sincere, but lately I see it turning to beating war drums and resorting to the same demonization of Democrats on the "war on terror" we've seen since 2004.

It was be nice if Americans weren't always so easily influenced by this crap, but since they are, I feel like it's up to those who don't want another 4 years of abuse from Trump and his minions to speak up now. I'm one of those people.

If Trump intends to run on the same lies he ran on in 2016, his actual record on terror should be examined for truth. His handling of terrorist attacks in the US by foreigners is part of that record.

In 2016 he said, as a response to the San Bernardino shooting:

"You don't want to hear how I'd handle it," Trump said. "I would get myself in so much trouble with them, we are going to handle it so tough. And you know what we're going to do? We're going to get it stopped."

He didn't stop it and one has to wonder why if we're going to have to listen for the next 9 months how Democrats are terrorism lovers.

Maybe I'm crazy for trying to fight the rabid hatred of the right with the truth they don't seem to care about, but I'm trying to avoid becoming just like the people who seem to be at war not with a foreign country or terrorists, but instead are focused on demoralizing non-Republicans here in the USA. It's getting really hard. :(
The Muslims in Pensacola have not been charged with any crime. Its basically guilt by association and they absolutely should go back to Arabia. In fact the SAG called them back.

Reactions: Friday13

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Because he has Hotel interests in Saudi Arabia... Duh!
American lives be damned... as long he can't get his.
I wish more investigative reporting could be done in examining Trump's hotels being used as giant washing machines for foreign cash. But today I turn on the television and all I'm hearing is gossipy horseshit about a kerfuffle between Warren and Sanders. Honestly between this, the Biden worship and the complete lack of criticism of the billionaire twins running, it's starting to look like the corporate media wants to insure the only two candidates who are willing to fight for truly universal healthcare are being slowly assassinated in favor of those who's idea of healthcare reform is bringing back the individual mandate. :mad:

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
Nope. Trump has NO hotels in Saudi Arabia.
I said 'interests'.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
The Muslims in Pensacola have not been charged with any crime. Its basically guilt by association and they absolutely should go back to Arabia. In fact the SAG called them back.
And both the Pulse nightclub shooter and the San Bernadino shooter were born in the US, despite Trump's criticism that a travel ban on majority Muslim countries (also guilt by association) would solve the problem. Not only is there no travel ban on the KSA but if Obama had let these people, innocent or not, leave the country he would have been held responsible for the lives lost in Pensacola and you know that's true.

I get that you're hopelessly biased about the Saudis, but you're just allowing Trump to get away with trashing even second generation refugees and refusing to let any new ones come here because he's showing favoritism towards those who "pay cash", including renting 500 rooms in a Trump hotel in DC. It's corruption far more blatant than anything Burisma did, and you're abetting his behavior.

• Love
Jul 2019
Atlanta
And both the Pulse nightclub shooter and the San Bernadino shooter were born in the US, despite Trump's criticism that a travel ban on majority Muslim countries (also guilt by association) would solve the problem. Not only is there no travel ban on the KSA but if Obama had let these people, innocent or not, leave the country he would have been held responsible for the lives lost in Pensacola and you know that's true.

I get that you're hopelessly biased about the Saudis, but you're just allowing Trump to get away with trashing even second generation refugees and refusing to let any new ones come here because he's showing favoritism towards those who "pay cash", including renting 500 rooms in a Trump hotel in DC. It's corruption far more blatant than anything Burisma did, and you're abetting his behavior.
Trashing second generation refugees? Where did that come from?

The point is only the brightest and best Saudi students get to study in America.. If they have been radicalized and/or are a threat in the US, they need to be expelled immediately.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Ooh, expelled.

Compared to his vitriol in 2016:

And San Bernardino:

Well ,let's see. Trump orders 'em killed. Obama PAYS 'em 150 Billion. Proven Fact.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Well ,let's see. Trump orders 'em killed. Obama PAYS 'em 150 Billion. Proven Fact.
One guy from one country. Who's militias helped us fight ISIS in Iraq.

So why does that cancel out his not being as "tough" as he promised he would be on terrorists who attack us on our own soil because they're Saudis?