This is not a public poll, no need to identify yourself.

Are you prescribed long-term, indefinete or permanant medication?

• Yes

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I'm prescribed medication, but not long-term, permanantely or indefinetely.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
After six months of meds, you belong to Big Pharm for life...
If you have a chronic condition in time about half your meds are taken to counter the side-effects of the FIRST half and that process continues and accelerates.

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
Yes. I've been taking metformin for about 10 years. It really isn't doing me any good because my blood sugar still runs between 350 to about 550(same as if I don't take it). Gotta goto the doctor on Monday, and I think he's gonna tell me it's time for insulin.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Yes. I've been taking metformin for about 10 years. It really isn't doing me any good because my blood sugar still runs between 350 to about 550(same as if I don't take it). Gotta goto the doctor on Monday, and I think he's gonna tell me it's time for insulin.
Adding fiber to your diet helps blood sugar control, One. Eliminate processed carbs, anything made with white flour or white sugar, and eat whole grains, nuts, legumes/beans, fruits, veggies, that can go a long way toward lowering your bg, and A1c :)

Plus, exercise of course.

Jun 2011
Protonix which is for stomach acid. Got heart burn, zantac stopped cutting it, this is working, gut wrenching heartburn. The insidious thing about heartburn that doesn't go away is that it feels WORSE when you lie, so you can't sleep and let your body pump thngs through!