This is not normal. HE is not normal.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
The residents of each county vote for their candidate....The Candidate that wins the most counties wins the State and its electoral votes. Trump won over 700 counties to Hillarys 200 or more. This shows a landslide in Trumps favor.. I pointed out Counties, and States, and the direction of those states in totality of the whole... for the purpose of showing the genius of the founders. They knew a popular vote system will not reflect nor respect the feelings of the residents of any one county or one state. If a popular vote decided our President....The candidates would have to campaign in only a few heavily populated states...California, and New York for example......the rest of the States be damned.
So I stand by my statement....The number of counties won...and the number of States won....out weigh the head counts in California and New York.
Too funny

Feb 2010
valid location
I keep bringing up the importance of Counties....because one County could force a recount in a District...with the intention of flipping that District. you flip a district and you can force a run off which could result in a flip of electoral votes from one candidate to the other. One county and its officials have the power to undo a district winner. Sure Districts are won by all the votes counted within that district...but that district can be lost...by the actions of one County. So when someone makes the silly statement....that Counties are meaningless in an election....are simply wrong.
Except that no one has contradicted you about this. Counties count votes--for sure, but you keep making statements that are factually inaccurate, like this one:
The residents of each county vote for their candidate....The Candidate that wins the most counties wins the State and its electoral votes.
and this one:
Congressional districts are represented by a number of counties...the candidate that wins the most counties in a district wins that district...The Candidate that wins the most congressional districts wins the electoral votes of the State.
Counties simply don't matter in the way you were suggesting. It's very frustrating to try debating someone who continually makes statements of fact that are inaccurate. By the way, this one is inaccurate too:
So two States out of fifty....cuddle up with Hillary.....maybe a couple more....meanwhile America votes in Trump......
In fact, Clinton won 19 states. It's pretty insulting (not to mention obtuse) to suggest that 8 of the original 13 states don't count as "America."