This is what I’ve been saying all along

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
I can only speak for myself; but it is not a religious book which dissuades me from molesting little boys (or little girls,) but a certain lack of inclination, allied to a regard for the rights and sensibilities of other human beings - particularly the vulnerable ones, such as children. With all due respect for your particular beliefs (with which I am not completely unfamiliar - having been reared in the Christian faith,) it is entirely possible to develop an admirable sense of morality without having read the Good Book in question (or any other religious tome).

You are neither so unintelligent, nor so ill-educated, as to be ignorant of the laws in every society which preclude the sexual exploitation of minors, and the reasons therefor. There is a natural revulsion in every psychologically healthy human being against such abuse and exploitation of the young and vulnerable. This reaction has little, if anything, to do with religious beliefs. There is a reason for such exploitation to be proscribed in most, if not all, societies which has nothing to do with the religious beliefs popularly extant in those societies. [Emphasis added.]
You are of course quite correct, Leo2. As usual... Yours is a point that has been made numerous time by several others, including me. But some folks just can't seem to accept it, perhaps because doing so would invalidate their claims regarding our social/moral evolution. Or devolution, as they would have it...

Cheers.

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
You are of course quite correct, Leo2. As usual... Yours is a point that has been made numerous time by several others, including me. But some folks just can't seem to accept it, perhaps because doing so would invalidate their claims regarding our social/moral evolution. Or devolution, as they would have it...

Cheers.
Thank you for your agreement, and I realise that I was, in all probability, stating the obvious, but I could not let the assumption that all moral considerations stem from the Bible pass. Some of the most admirably moral people I have encountered have not been ostensibly religious in any way, shape, or form. This is not to say that many religious people are not similarly moral - I happen to think that it is a case of the singer, not the song.

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
Thank you for your agreement, and I realise that I was, in all probability, stating the obvious, but I could not let the assumption that all moral considerations stem from the Bible pass. Some of the most admirably moral people I have encountered have not been ostensibly religious in any way, shape, or form. This is not to say that many religious people are not similarly moral - I happen to think that it is a case of the singer, not the song.
Yes, quite so. :)

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
Perversion can wreck a persons life. Now I know why you support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So....what's your way of not supporting homosexuality? Should we make it a crime and throw gays in jail? That only encourages gays to get a job as a Christian priest and instead of knowing who the gay people are, we make them Boy/Girl Scout leaders.