This is why 54 percent of Americans think the GOP is insane

Apr 2014
New York
This Is What the GOP's War On Science Looks Like

Todd Akin and the Anti-Science House Science Committee | Science | WIRED

No offense but most Americans think the GOP is stuck in the past. I think Rand Paul is right the GOP should be more accommodating to the millennials or the GOP will find itself six feet under by 2030. I think the evangelists and libertarians in the Republican party should split and create their own political parties. Why would a libertarian side with an ultra conservative evangelist? I think the GOP doesn't make sense.

Reactions: 6 people

RosieS

Former Staff
Mar 2013
Mother Mayo
Agreed, but how do you think the GOP can be accommodating to Millenials when most Millenials support recreational marijuana and gay marriage?

Regards from Rosie

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2014
New York
Agreed, but how do you think the GOP can be accommodating to Millenials when most Millenials support recreational marijuana and gay marriage?

Regards from Rosie
Maybe the GOP can kick out the ultra conservative evangelicals to become more libertarian. I honestly think the evangelicals should start their own political party. Does the GOP want to die or become a political party with very little support? If the GOP wants to stay relevant then the GOP needs to adapt to societal change or else the GOP will die out.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Maybe the GOP can kick out the ultra conservative evangelicals to become more libertarian. I honestly think the evangelicals should start their own political party. Does the GOP want to die or become a political party with very little support? If the GOP wants to stay relevant then the GOP needs to adapt to societal change or else the GOP will die out.
The evangelicals would have to give up their tax exemptions. It's much easier and profitable to hide under the GOP umbrella.

Reactions: 2 people
Oct 2013
Sweden
Well it depends...it depends on whether their goal is to serve people and the nation OR if they want to change the nation and people to what they think is best. One is more of a servant goal, the other is more "parental". You are right about one thing...libertarianism and evangelical seem to be polar opposities. The libertarians would be seeking as little law and interference as possible (a bit of the servant role for the administration of the fewest laws and regs possible)...and evangelicals want MORE and MORE laws to dictate peoples behaviors and world view (more parental).

Lovely to see you discussing some of these sorts of issues JWillis23 :)

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
"To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. The minute that the Republican Party becomes the anti-science party, we have a huge problem. We lose a whole lot of people who would otherwise allow us to win the election in 2012."

- Republican Candidate Jon Huntsman Jr., tanking his GOP Presidential campaign in 2011.

Reactions: 6 people
Apr 2010
Australia

No offense but most Americans think the GOP is stuck in the past. I think Rand Paul is right the GOP should be more accommodating to the millennials or the GOP will find itself six feet under by 2030. I think the evangelists and libertarians in the Republican party should split and create their own political parties. Why would a libertarian side with an ultra conservative evangelist? I think the GOP doesn't make sense.
I checked your links.

Religious fanatics exist on both sides of politics, and certainly lefties are generally far more religious than the right. They don't like evolution. The liberal media like to focus on anti-Darwinist conservatives, but there are probably more of them on the left.

Regarding the other link - it was just another ad for global warming alarmism. AGW is a myth, and another example that it is the Left who don't like science.

Sep 2013
Oklahoma
I checked your links.

Religious fanatics exist on both sides of politics, and certainly lefties are generally far more religious than the right. They don't like evolution. The liberal media like to focus on anti-Darwinist conservatives, but there are probably more of them on the left.

Regarding the other link - it was just another ad for global warming alarmism. AGW is a myth, and another example that it is the Left who don't like science.
This is you, saying stupid shit.

Proof or hit the goddamn showers.

Reactions: 5 people

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.

I will be offensive and state that the Republican party has the finest minds of the 13th century. They're downright backward.

Reactions: 4 people
Apr 2010
Australia
I will be offensive and state that the Republican party has the finest minds of the 13th century. They're downright backward.
The trouble with your post is that you didn't provide any proof, which makes it no more than a grunt and a chant.