This is why I hate the media

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Among other reasons...

Trump pledges to 'revive' Pocahontas nickname for Warren

I see headlines like this and hear a golf sportscaster's voice saying in a quiet but increasingly intense voice:

"So Trump is at the podium, he's got his feet positioned and....HE CALLED HER POCAHONTAS!! We didn't think we'd see him pull that move so early in, he is really out to win this thing and he's not kidding around! The crowd is on it's feet and screaming for more!!!"

:sick:

MSNBC had a panel discussion about the nickname, too. "It puts in question her authenticity" they said. From the least authentic person that ever lived this comes and they're acting like it's a clever campaign strategy.

I expect if he called her booger face they'd be having discussions about the pros and cons of boogers and impact this could have on her image.

Please just make it stop.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Trump gives everyone a nickname. It's always entertaining. That's what he does. And Liz Warren deserves it for lying about herself being a "Cherokee" all these decades.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Among other reasons...

I see headlines like this and hear a golf sportscaster's voice saying in a quiet but increasingly intense voice:

"So Trump is at the podium, he's got his feet positioned and....HE CALLED HER POCAHONTAS!! We didn't think we'd see him pull that move so early in, he is really out to win this thing and he's not kidding around! The crowd is on it's feet and screaming for more!!!"

MSNBC had a panel discussion about the nickname, too. "It puts in question her authenticity" they said. From the least authentic person that ever lived this comes and they're acting like it's a clever campaign strategy.

I expect if he called her booger face they'd be having discussions about the pros and cons of boogers and impact this could have on her image.

This is what killed me in 2016, the media's response to all this. Instead of either ignoring him or saying "wow what a terrible human being" they went all cryptic and making voters think it was "unusual but can it work?" They played right into his anti establishment creed. I mean I cant even imagine had Obama called McCain "not a war hero" the media would have been all over him. Or had GW mocked a Gold Star family. It just wasnt acceptable in society. I fear the junior high crap we all see on social media is now being extended everywhere in real life. I cant tell you how many times I have heard someone at work use a name or phrase that made me just cringe. Its like we all have regressed back to age 14. I always felt at least the normal media could be the adults..

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Among other reasons...

I'm starting to think any power the nickname had has waned. After a while normal people see that Warren is decent and normal and Trump is a reptile who eschews all the social protocols that the rest of us normal people are excepted to maintain.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
When Romney gave his speech on Trump in March, 2016, the press could have examined Trump's businesses and business decisions and done a real expose.

Instead they pointed out that Trump had endorsed Romney and tried to create conflict between the two.

Ignore substance. Create Buzz. Right into Trump's wheelhouse. Idiots.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
He does love the poorly educated, and with good reason. They eat his sophomoric antics up like kids eat Halloween candy.
Just look at the caliber of Trump's defenders here on PH. (the worst of the worst and have no allegiance to the USA......while wrapping themselves in our flag every day.)

""When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"?"
Sinclair Lewis