This is why officers have to make up their minds quickly and fire more than once.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
The cop should have shot a lot sooner. But he probably had to hit him in the vitals for him to go down.
At one point he was only two or three feet away from the suspect. Should have shot him the the head, he fired wildly.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
At one point he was only two or three feet away from the suspect. Should have shot him the the head, he fired wildly.
That's easier said than done.

They're probably taught to shoot for the chest. If the criminal has armour, you gotta go for the headshot.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
That's easier said than done.

They're probably taught to shoot for the chest. If the criminal has armour, you gotta go for the headshot.
Not from a range or two or three feet it isn't.

If the dumbfuck couldn't afford any better weapon that a fucking machete i doubt he had the foresight or funds for decent body armor.
This a a crime of impulse, probably fueled by drugs. *shrug*

Jun 2015
Hudson Valley
The Killing Corporation of America: The NRA - isn't worried either. US law enforcement loves these types of confrontations. Just shoot them dead without rhyme or reason.

Mar 2019
TN
Once again the thread headline is misleading. No one is going say a high as a kite druggy with a machete isn’t a very real threat to everyone including the cop. This situation has NOTHING to do with shooting a man sitting in his car with no weapon visible. Or any of the other situations where unarmed people are shot by police. Read a story this morning where not only did the cop not go to jail, acquitted by the jury. He was REHIRED by the county just long enough for him to claim PTSD and go on permanent disability!!!!

Oct 2019
Earth
The Killing Corporation of America: The NRA - isn't worried either. US law enforcement loves these types of confrontations. Just shoot them dead without rhyme or reason.
I'm sorry, but that cop could easily have been killed in that situation.

I know sometimes cops go too far, this isn't one of them.