Three month experiment...

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
So. The general meme from the conservative right - at least on this forum - seems to be that the disconnect between the "Right", and wellll...everyone else is that the everyone else is "corrupted" in their thought processes by exposure to that corrupting influence - MSNBC.

Well...I just killed my cable provider. So, for the next three months all of my information and news will be coming directly from the internet as my sole source. Now, are we going to see me slowly becoming more conservative, or are we going to learn that the disconnect isn't really coming from "The Left"?

Reactions: 8 people

webrockk

Former Staff
Nov 2009
on the river
So. The general meme from the conservative right - at least on this forum - seems to be that the disconnect between the "Right", and wellll...everyone else is that the everyone else is "corrupted" in their thought processes by exposure to that corrupting influence - MSNBC.

Well...I just killed my cable provider. So, for the next three months all of my information and news will be coming directly from the internet as my sole source. Now, are we going to see me slowly becoming more conservative, or are we going to learn that the disconnect isn't really coming from "The Left"?
I've haven't had pay TV in well over a decade. In your search for "truth" (because we all know that's so important to progressives ;) ), perhaps you should also tune in to broadcast TV's morning "talk" and nightly "news" outlets (ABC, CBS, NBC).

It's quite eyeopening if you know what to look (or not look) for.

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I've haven't had pay TV in well over a decade. In your search for "truth" (because we all know that's so important to progressives ;) ), perhaps you should also tune in to broadcast TV's morning "talk" and nightly "news" outlets (ABC, CBS, NBC).

It's quite eyeopening if you know what to look (or not look) for.
So, wait...are you saying that all news sources - except Fox News, and the conservative talks shows, of course - are all in "cahoots" in some vast conspiracy to "corrupt" Americans???

Reactions: 4 people
May 2012
By the wall

Good for you.

I dropped all of that service awhile ago and don't miss it at all.

There are plenty of great sources that you can find on the internet. Scan them all, get a consensus on what they are reporting, and you have your daily dose of legitimate news.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
I don't think any of the 24-hour news channel is worth a moment of serious attention. None of them actually reports news anymore. They just engage people to sit around blathering about their opinions, constantly. I get that here, and it's much more entertaining because I can actually respond instead of yelling at the screen.

My viewing of TV news is limited to the first 15 minutes of my workout each day--warming up. After that, I usually switch to music.

Reactions: 3 people

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
During the week I watch about half an hour of local news while I have a cup of coffee and then about 20 minutes of CNN while I get dressed. On the weekends I only watch the local news with my coffee. And I agree with you, Rasselas, I can get all the political opinions I need right here on this forum and it's much more satisfying responding to them here than yelling at the TV.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida

During the week I watch about half an hour of local news while I have a cup of coffee and then about 20 minutes of CNN while I get dressed. On the weekends I only watch the local news with my coffee. And I agree with you, Rasselas, I can get all the political opinions I need right here on this forum and it's much more satisfying responding to them here than yelling at the TV.
my mornings are now spent with the "Cars and Coffee" segment on Velocity channel. Wayne Carini for prez!

[video=youtube_share;lX14MNfF62I]http://youtu.be/lX14MNfF62I[/video]

see, yous too can afford a ferrari afterall :congratulatory:

Last edited:
Aug 2013
Nowhere
Use Al Jazeera America. You will get the best national news you can find. Good supplementary choices include BBC World, BBC, and NPR.

Reactions: 3 people
Apr 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Use Al Jazeera America. You will get the best national news you can find. Good supplementary choices include BBC World, BBC, and NPR.
RT is decent too, you just have to be selective with it. For instance, I wouldn't trust it on anything having to do with the whole Russia situation.

Reactions: 1 person