Three Steps to Avoiding Poverty

Feb 2019
Florida
Let me just say we do not use the 1920s a standard for poverty today. Only someone who has such a far claim to make would go to such lengths.
Gee. Ya think?

Thank you for agreeing with my analysis, that it isn't how much money you have. It's WHAT THAT MONEY WILL BUY. The RICHEST men of the 20s had more money (and that was back when dollars were backed by gold and were worth more) than today, but their standard of living was below that of our homeless.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Gee. Ya think?

Thank you for agreeing with my analysis, that it isn't how much money you have. It's WHAT THAT MONEY WILL BUY. The RICHEST men of the 20s had more money (and that was back when dollars were backed by gold and were worth more) than today, but their standard of living was below that of our homeless.

Facts don't care about your feelings.
And they don't care about yours. You avoided answering my question of why you keep comparing us to third world countries instead of our peer OECD nations? Why? Because you don't want to admit we have become second rate in every metric except our military? Supply side voodoo economics has failed in every instance and the middle class and working class are measurably worse off today than they were before supply side was put in place, the only beneficiaries of supply side are the very top earners. Friedman and Laffer were wrong, period.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Really? Clarence Thomas was born into poverty. He worked his way out.
Oprah Winfrey was born into poverty. (Net worth $3 billion)
John Paul DeJoria, (hair care empire and Patron Tequila creator) lived in his car. (net worth $2.9 billion)
Larry Ellison, Co-Founder of Oracle, was born to a single mother, worked odd jobs for eight years. (Net worth $49 billion)

There are lots of other examples:
17 Billionaires Who Started Out Dirt Poor

I found this out when I met an international trader a few years back. He was dealing in the Far East. He told me the vast majority of China's population is dirt poor, actually starving, and they are mostly illiterate. The high achieving Chinese we see today are those who have had to climb an extremely high mountain in competition to get to the big cities in China and then to emigrate to America. I didn't know that. He also said India is an extremely crowded country where, again, the vast majority of its population are poor, illiterate and starving to death. The Indian immigrants we see here, the doctors, store owners, business owners, have climbed a HUGE mountain of competition to get here.

Meanwhile, our government CREATES more poor by paying really stupid high school sluts to download babies, lose the father and take up permanent residence in Democrat inner city plantations.
I've lived in Asia.

Here's the thing.

They did NOT climb a mountain of competition. That is so rare you can effectively say it's impossible. The level of corruption and cheating in Asia is so fundamental to life there that westerners can't even imagine it. We think the deck is stacked here? By God, we're not even in their universe of libertarian dog-eat-dog.

If you want to stay out of grinding poverty in India you bribe the teacher. Period. That's it. The kid in China who gives the biggest envelope of cash to his test administrator gets to go to college. Period. End of evaluation criteria.

The ONLY way out of poverty there is having enough money to buy your way out. And that doesn't seem very likely, does it.

Feb 2019
Florida
And they don't care about yours.

I don't post from feelings. I only post from facts. It is your responsibility to handle the facts.

You avoided answering my question of why you keep comparing us to third world countries instead of our peer OECD nations?

I haven't avoided ANY intelligent question.

Why? Because you don't want to admit we have become second rate in every metric except our military? Supply side voodoo economics has failed in every instance and the middle class and working class are measurably worse off today than they were before supply side was put in place, the only beneficiaries of supply side are the very top earners. Friedman and Laffer were wrong, period

You've lost that idiotic argument a long time ago. We are in the greatest economy of all time today because of supply side. African American unemployment numbers are at a historic LOW, (and it had NOTHING to do with the idiotic policies of the KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT.) General unemployment is the lowest in 50 years. That's TAX CUTS.

And the middle class TODAY are better off than they were BEFORE the Reagan tax cuts and BEFORE the Trump tax cuts.

Those are facts and they do not care about your feelings.

Feb 2019
Florida
It's none of your business, but I'll say that I'm not as rich as Bill Gates (even though I use his products). I'm not as poor as some idiot slut who downloads babies for welfare money. Money wise, I am where I have to be. I don't envy people who have more than me because I managed to grow a brain a long time ago. Class envy is the height of ignorance and stupidity.
Would I like to have a mansion, a yacht, a garage full of German sports cars? Who wouldn't? But I recognize that my economic state today is totally due to my choices. Nobody stole from me. Nobody kept me down.

Nobody kept the poorest of the poor in America down, either.

It's ALL about their choices.