Time to get the Federal Government out of Education

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
Deplorable results. Something wrong.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

I am 100% convinced, the long term goal of the federal DOE is to end free public education for the poor and working poor in the U.S.

The burden of unfunded mandates is absolutely crushing.

Apr 2018
oregon
The fed-gov fucks up enough of its actual responsibilities. No need to trample on the 10th amendment and involve itself in things like education and healthcare.

Reactions: John T Ford
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I have leaky roofs on some school buildings in Cleveland. The mold that causes renders the buildings indecent for occupancy, if not illegal.

Yet I also have administrators making $100K a year or more.

And not one, nor any teachers, can even try to educate children. They are all just desperate for the kids' scores to be high enough that nobody gets fired.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Home School your children if you want them educated and not turn out to be some government indoctrinated social Just-Us warriors.

This is an intentional agenda.

AOC is the poster girl for failed education in this Country.

Reactions: orangecat

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I do agree that the educational system in this country needs an overhaul, but the federal government isn't its biggest problem. It's how we fund schools. Businesses depend on a uniformly educated public. Federal regulation and oversight is necessary.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I do agree that the educational system in this country needs an overhaul, but the federal government isn't its biggest problem. It's how we fund schools. Businesses depend on a uniformly educated public. Federal regulation and oversight is necessary.
Maybe. But our kids could be tested only once or twice to ascertain whether standards are met.

What we have now is an anti-education, prison waiting room, keep busy system.

Reactions: Babba

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Maybe. But our kids could be tested only once or twice to ascertain whether standards are met.

What we have now is an anti-education, prison waiting room, keep busy system.
To a point, I agree. I don't think it's true everywhere and I think teachers honestly want to do a good job.

Reactions: Madeline