Today’s False Charges of Racism Echo Soviet Communists

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Today’s False Charges of Racism Echo Soviet Communists

When and how did it become acceptable to make a false accusation that someone is racist?

For adherents of religions that revere the Ten Commandments, with their injunction not to bear false witness against one’s neighbor, such accusations are divinely prohibited. For those who find moral instruction elsewhere, the problems with such false accusations are readily accessible to reason. False accusations of racism erode respect for truth and for the gravity of the charge. They risk boomeranging. They injure innocent people and make it harder to fight genuine racists like the ones in Charlottesville.

It’s a relevant question, because such false accusations sadly seem increasingly common.

Today's False Charges of Racism Echo Soviet Communists | NewBostonPost
****************************************************************************************************************************************

What is it? What makes a person do something so low as to falsely accuse someone of something so heinous and disgusting? It accomplishes nothing other than cheapening the very real issue of racism and for the person making the charge, to be looked upon with scorn, and disgust. A person not to be taken seriously.

What say you about the practice of false accusations?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Believe it or not, people have different ideas as to what constitutes "racism." And those ideas have nothing to do with the USSR or communism.

Someone didn't read the article..... Calling someone racist without evidence is a low down thing to do. The point being that it's become so absurd, it's akin to the mcarthy era where people are being ostracized over false accusations in a witch hunt.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Someone didn't read the article..... Calling someone racist without evidence is a low down thing to do. The point being that it's become so absurd, it's akin to the mcarthy era where people are being ostracized over false accusations in a witch hunt.
I do agree to a point. Throwing around accusations of racism is rampant these days. Its often used as a broadbrush as well. However, I do think there are some out there who may not be racists themselves but are pandering and trying to get the attention of real racists. Its like they think "well there are millions of racists out there and they vote so we might as well get their attention."

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I do agree to a point. Throwing around accusations of racism is rampant these days. Its often used as a broadbrush as well. However, I do think there are some out there who may not be racists themselves but are pandering and trying to get the attention of real racists. Its like they think "well there are millions of racists out there and they vote so we might as well get their attention."

I don't know about that. The number of actual, outright racists is very very small as groups. thier votes aren't worth much.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
The author complains that a prominent NYC man, Daniel Loeb, was accused of "making racist and bigoted remarks in the past", asserting that the accusations are false (I think he means unfair) because Loeb's involvement with minority education advocacy means....what? His heart is pure?

The author likewise complains that mass media has accused Trump of racism, claiming this is untrue. As proof, he points to people of color appointed by Trump to his Cabinet.

Disingenuous, crappy logic and even crappier psychology.

Trump's apparent ability to point to his "colored friends" does absolutely nothing to eradicate his 50+ year long career of harming people of color, often gratuitously.

His full page ad in the NY Post, calling for the execution of the Central Park Five, illuminates this point with heartbreaking clarity.

"Racism" is more than prejudice. It's animus; a desire to harm others for no reason other than their apparent ethnicity.

Mr. Loeb may or may not be racist, but Donald Trump sure as fuck is.

Last edited:
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I don't know about that. The number of actual, outright racists is very very small as groups. thier votes aren't worth much.
True but elections have been close. Even if there are only 2 million racists out there that could turn a lot of elections. I recall some of those Proud boys had said they never voted before. If the other 40% of Americans who never vote are like that and these dog whistles attract them out to vote, it could change things a lot.

Reactions: Babba and Madeline
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
IMO/IME, the number is extremely high.

Racism is like a latent disease that can easily flare into a pandemic.
There also is a difference between a racist and someone who may have racist tendencies. Real racists are the ones out marching and wearing hoods. The others work alongside us and appear normal. They never talk about it or mention it. But in the privacy of the voting booth its a different story.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
There also is a difference between a racist and someone who may have racist tendencies. Real racists are the ones out marching and wearing hoods. The others work alongside us and appear normal. They never talk about it or mention it. But in the privacy of the voting booth its a different story.
Wait... Since when are we in the habit of measuring the internal thought processes of people?

If a person is "racist" but never says or does anything actually racist and is generally respectful of people, then what do you seriously care what their internal thoughts are?

How does a person prove their innocence when their crime is having a bad thought?

Reactions: spyydrr