Top Clinton donor indicted for defrauding US in sham bid to win $8 billion Pentagon contract

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Has the unraveling begun?

Three Virginia businessmen — including Abul Huda Farouki, a major Democrat donor who contributed to Bill and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama — were charged with violating US sanctions on Iran and for conspiring to defraud the US government through a shady Pentagon contract.

The Department of Justice said the contractor, the Dubai-based Anham, lied to the Pentagon in 2011 in order to win an $8 billion, 10-year contract to supply food to U.S. troops in Afghanistan, the DOJ announced. At the time, Barack Obama was president and Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.

Abul Huda Farouki, the former CEO of Anham, is a major Democrat donor and a former member of the Clinton Global Initiative. Farouki and his wife have contributed more than $320,000 to Democrats since the 1990s, including hefty donations to the Clintons, according to Open Secrets.

Top Clinton donor indicted for defrauding US in sham bid to win $8 billion Pentagon contract

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
You have to be sleazy to work for or support the Clinton's. Or, you are willing to look away from their sleaziness.

Good people voted for the Clinton's, but if I were one of them I wouldn't be bragging about it.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Has the unraveling begun?

Three Virginia businessmen — including Abul Huda Farouki, a major Democrat donor who contributed to Bill and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama — were charged with violating US sanctions on Iran and for conspiring to defraud the US government through a shady Pentagon contract.
The Department of Justice said the contractor, the Dubai-based Anham, lied to the Pentagon in 2011 in order to win an $8 billion, 10-year contract to supply food to U.S. troops in Afghanistan, the DOJ announced. At the time, Barack Obama was president and Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.
Abul Huda Farouki, the former CEO of Anham, is a major Democrat donor and a former member of the Clinton Global Initiative. Farouki and his wife have contributed more than $320,000 to Democrats since the 1990s, including hefty donations to the Clintons, according to Open Secrets.

I did a search of Abul Farouki's donations on Open Secrets and couldn't find any to the Clintons.

Donor Lookup

It looks like there are a number of Farouki listings that may or may not be Abul, on OpenSecrets, and your link is just assuming they must all be the same person (e.g., "Huda Farouki", "Mohamed Farouki," "AH Farouki," etc.), since they're in McLean, Virginia. But I did a white pages search for McLean Virginia and found 17 different Farouki listings, so it doesn't look like an uncommon name there.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
You have to be sleazy to work for or support the Clinton's. Or, you are willing to look away from their sleaziness.

Good people voted for the Clinton's, but if I were one of them I wouldn't be bragging about it.
I'll brag about it. Let's remember what this country was like back in the early 1990s. It was going down the tubes fast. We had what were, at that point, the biggest budget deficits in history, which were rising fast. We had the highest violent crime rates in all of American history. We had the highest teen pregnancy rates in history. We'd just gone through a 12-year period when poverty rates had risen, and we'd suffered through a two-decade-long period when real median household income had been almost entirely stagnant. The inner cities were a wasteland, the crack and HIV epidemics were raging unchecked, and America looked like it would lose its economic leadership to Germany or Japan. At the time, those problems were treated as if they were structural issues that couldn't be changed -- as if we'd never again see unemployment rates below 5%, or falling deficits, or declining crime. In fact, even the conservatives were predicting a coming era of "superpredators" who would make the Reagan/Bush crime wave look like the good old days.

Then Clinton was elected, and pretty much everything took a dramatic turn for the better. We erased those record deficits and built record surpluses. Violent crime rates fell to levels not seen since the 1960s. Teen pregnancy rates fell to an all-time low. Poverty rates fell to near-record lows. Median real household incomes rose four times as much in the next eight years than in the prior twenty. The inner cities were revitalized, the AIDS epidemic was brought under control, and any thought of losing our position of economic leadership to Germany or Japan came to look quaint in retrospect. We wound up with unemployment rates more than a full point below what conservative apologists had insisted was "full employment" level in the Reagan years.

Many on the right predicted all manner of problems if Clinton was elected. Some of us had the wisdom to ignore them, and voted for him, and we rightly feel proud about being so right when they were so very, very wrong.