Top Democrat says Pelosi should step aside

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Am thinking some want it done before mid terms..

Rep. Linda Sánchez, a member of House Democratic leadership, said Thursday she thinks it's time for longtime Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and her top lieutenants to step down.

“I do think we have this real breadth and depth of talent within our caucus and I do think it’s time to pass the torch to a new generation of leaders,” Sanchez said Thursday on C-SPAN. Her comments are surprising given her prominent position within the caucus and the fact that she and Pelosi both represent California, generally a tight-knit group within the caucus.

“I want to be a part of that transition, I want to see that happen,” Sánchez continued when asked if she thinks the same three leaders should stay in place if Democrats win back the House next year. “I think that we have too many great members here that don’t always get the opportunities that they should and I would like to see that change.” There have long been rumblings among rank-and-file members about how long Pelosi, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) and Assistant Democratic Leader James Clyburn (D-S.C.) would rule the caucus.

Top House Democrat says Pelosi should step aside - POLITICO

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!

Rep. Linda Sánchez, a member of House Democratic leadership, said Thursday she thinks it's time for longtime Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and her top lieutenants to step down.

“I do think we have this real breadth and depth of talent within our caucus and I do think it’s time to pass the torch to a new generation of leaders,” Sanchez said Thursday on C-SPAN. Her comments are surprising given her prominent position within the caucus and the fact that she and Pelosi both represent California, generally a tight-knit group within the caucus.

“I want to be a part of that transition, I want to see that happen,” Sánchez continued when asked if she thinks the same three leaders should stay in place if Democrats win back the House next year. “I think that we have too many great members here that don’t always get the opportunities that they should and I would like to see that change.” There have long been rumblings among rank-and-file members about how long Pelosi, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) and Assistant Democratic Leader James Clyburn (D-S.C.) would rule the caucus.

Sure sounds like that gal is trying to position herself to take over Pelosi's job should she quit. Fat chance that she does, however.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

Yeah, Linda wants the job. She has always been pushy like DWS.

Pelosi know who to keep her party together. Linda would be a divider.

Reactions: 2 people

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Pelosi has been one of the most effective leaders the party has had. I don't get the call for pushing her aside.

Reactions: 2 people
May 2012
By the wall
Pelosi has been one of the most effective leaders the party has had. I don't get the call for pushing her aside.
OK that's funny.

What has she done again exactly?

Oh yeah, "you have to pass it to know what's in it".

Hahahahaha

May 2012
By the wall
Here she is saying 95% of the people will keep their plans and those that lose them will do better.

[video=youtube;DAbbGyX_bGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=DAbbGyX_bGI[/video]