Tornado + lightning

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Yevpatoria, Russia (Crimea), couple days ago

I actually have a friend, old classmate from Moscow school, whose family are from around there, and he himself moved back there after Russia retook Crimea in 2014. I called him, he is ok. His uncle's old fishing boat though got smashed in the harbor.

Nature is crazy...

Jan 2016
Colorado

I actually have a friend, old classmate from Moscow school, whose family are from around there, and he himself moved back there after Russia retook Crimea in 2014. I called him, he is ok. His uncle's old fishing boat though got smashed in the harbor.

Nature is crazy...
No, man is crazy. Nature is just mad. We are facing the wrath of Mother Nature.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Tornado + lightning

That's an interesting picture, although it's not uncommon for lightning storms to accompany tornadoes.
It is beautiful, here is bigger and sharper version

It was in Feodosia, btw, not Evpatoria. I keep mistaking those two towns for one another... Greek names all sound the same to me lol

More of it

Flooding

Video

Nov 2010
San Diego...ish

Nature is crazy...
That...is...AWESOME!!!

Jan 2016
Colorado
It is beautiful, here is bigger and sharper version

It was in Feodosia, btw, not Evpatoria. I keep mistaking those two towns for one another... Greek names all sound the same to me lol

More of it

Flooding

Video
That second photo from the top, the one with the tornado almost vertical, looks like some sort of movie special effect.

Nov 2010
San Diego...ish
This was Kansai International Airport the day after we left Osaka and typhoon Jebi hit:

Kansai under water.jpg Kansai water at terminal.jpg THAI-cancels-Bangkok-Osaka-flights-1.jpg Japan-Typhoon boat hits bridge.png 4FAFEE5700000578-6128849-A_2_591_tonne_tanker_was_sent_crashing_into_a_bridge_connecting_-a-4_...jpg

This bridge is the only way to the man made island that the airport sits on.