Dec 2006
required field
As I look at 45's Twitter timeline tonight, it occurs to me that America has jumped the shark. Unlike the infamous Happy Days episode from which this phrase originated, we're doing it in relative slow motion. At this point in the show the tow boat is coming around for the final lineup to the jump and Trumpzie is waving to the crowd. He's either going to fall on his face and we can forget about reality show Presidents and move on, or he's going to soar into glorious (if brief) fame, with a rapid decline into infamy.

Fuck it, I'm going to sit back and watch the show, because it will be interesting either way.

Tonight I got an email from the school secretary urging staff not to keep unused copy paper in their mailboxes, because other people are stealing it.

Teachers are stealing copy paper from each other. Because there isn't enough to go around, and there is no money to buy more. If teachers need more than what they have, they'll have to buy it themselves.

It's August.

Epic.

What tragically hilarious events are happening in your neighborhood in the middle of this season finale cliffhanger of the USA?

Jan 2016
Colorado
What a fine, FINE example you teachers are setting for your students, stealing from each other!! SHAME on you!! How do you expect your students to grow up to become good, upstanding American citizens, when they see their teachers openly stealing from each other? They'll learn that if stealing is OK, then cheating must be, too! And plagiarism as well! No WONDER the entire country is going to hell! I tell you, you might as well just give all of the students grades of 'A', and then you won't even need copy paper, will you? You can just sit around all day, put your feet up on your desk, shoot the breeze with your lazy students, and get ready for your annual five-month summer vacation!

OK, OK, this sarcasm might be over-the-top.

May 2012
By the wall
Your principle or whoever does your budgeting should be fired if you are running out of copy paper.

You can order that in bulk very cheap.

My university has a couple of rooms simply filled with it, they get two large shipments a year.

Seriously, it comes on a full 18-wheeler and the entire trailer is full of it.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Your principle or whoever does your budgeting should be fired if you are running out of copy paper.

You can order that in bulk very cheap.

My university has a couple of rooms simply filled with it, they get two large shipments a year.

Seriously, it comes on a full 18-wheeler and the entire trailer is full of it.
*Principal*

The person in charge of a school is a principal.

A principle is something you live by:

Groucho Marx: Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

Reactions: Friday13
May 2012
By the wall
*Principal*

The person in charge of a school is a principal.

A principle is something you live by:

Groucho Marx: Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
Its forum chatting, I don't pay attention to grammar.

I think that says more about you than me.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Its forum chatting, I don't pay attention to grammar.

I think that says more about you than me.
Hey, I'm an educator, by habit. I just thought you might like to avoid making that mistake in the future, because it makes you look silly. Shrug.

Reactions: Dragonfly5
Apr 2012
East coast USA
A couple started a " go fund me " page for a homeless man. They were so thankful that he had given the woman his only $20 to help her with gas for her car.
It raised over 400,000 and now the homeless man is suing, he claims he didn't get a quarter of the money, the judge says he wants a full accounting, and the money put back into a escrow acct.
The couple are sweating.

Reactions: Blueneck
May 2012
By the wall
Hey, I'm an educator, by habit. I just thought you might like to avoid making that mistake in the future, because it makes you look silly. Shrug.
Don't really care here, this is my relax time so if I misspell things of forget a comma....so what. If you want to keep track of them then knock yourself out, I will give you plenty of work to do lol.

May 2012
By the wall
A couple started a " go fund me " page for a homeless man. They were so thankful that he had given the woman his only $20 to help her with gas for her car.
It raised over 400,000 and now the homeless man is suing, he claims he didn't get a quarter of the money, the judge says he wants a full accounting, and the money put back into a escrow acct.
The couple are sweating.
That's what you get for helping the homeless.

Lesson learned.