Transcripts Reveal Ambassador Gordon Sondland Never Knew of Any ‘Quid Pro Quo’

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
Ambassador Gordon Sondland never had any firsthand knowledge of any “quid pro quo” involving U.S. military aid for Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine conducting investigations, according to his recently released closed-door testimony as part of the impeachment inquiry.

When he was asked by the Republican counsel, “To the best of your knowledge, do you know about any preconditions on the aid?” he responded, “No.”

“There were a lot of rumors swirling around as to why the aid had been held up, including they wanted a review, they wanted Europe to do more. There were all kinds of rumors,” he added.

He said he called the president on September 9, 2019, to find out what he wanted from Ukraine.

“He said: ‘I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. I want Zelensky to do the right thing.’ And I said: ‘What does that mean?’ And he said: ‘I want him to do what he ran on.’ And that was the end of the conversation.”

Two days later, on September 11, 2019, the aid — which had been temporarily frozen — was released to Ukraine, without the Ukrainians having to do anything.

Sondland also testified: “I recall hearing multiple reasons why the aid was being held from various people. I never heard that it was being held specifically to investigate the Bidens. I never heard the word ‘Biden’ mentioned with aid.”

He also acknowledged that the aid was released, and Trump had a phone call and a face-to-face meeting with Zelensky at the United Nations General Assembly in September 2019 — without anything in exchange from Ukraine.

The Impeachment Hoax continues to fall apart.

And, of course the Fake News MSM continues to LIE to the American people.

Never believe a report that includes anything from Mark Meadows.

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
Whoops

“I now recall speaking individually with Mr. Yermak, where I said that resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anti-corruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks,” he said.

Sep 2016
My own world
More like the witness lies long enough for the Fake News MSM to run the lies for a couple of days and then he recants and the Fake News MSM doesn't.
You have that confused with the guy that started the rumor with Guiliani that the Bidens had done something illegal in Ukraine.
In an interview with NBC News aired Friday, Lutsenko, who left his position late last month as the guy that took over for Shorkin addressed his now-recanted skepticism of the Biden family over the dismissal of previous prosecutor Viktor Shokin. "I don't know any possible violation of Ukrainian law" by either Joe Biden or his son Hunter Biden, Lutsenko said — though it seems Giuliani did push him to find one.

In May 2019 Lutsenko told Bloomberg the 2016 election interference investigation he’d announced to Solomon in March 2019 wasn’t related to Hunter Biden. And by the time the whistleblower complaint was released last month, Lutsenko was in full reverse. The day the report came out, he told the Washington Post he didn’t believe Hunter had broken any laws. And though he had claimed he had evidence on Biden that Barr needed to see, it turned out he had basically nothing. Lutsenko said he would report Hunter’s Burisma income to ensure the younger Biden had paid taxes on it.
And by late September 2019, Lutsenko could have become Joe Biden’s star witness. He told the Los Angeles Times that Giuliani had repeatedly urged him to go after the Bidens, but he had found no evidence of wrongdoing by Joe or Hunter Biden.

It Doesn’t Take a Genius to Interfere in the U.S. Presidential Election

Sep 2016
My own world
I understand that you guys have to hold on to all these conspiracy theories to keep this whole thing together.

You did the same thing with the Mueller Report.

Hell, some of you guys still think the Mueller Report convicted the President.

You guys will believe anything.
Nobody thinks the Mueller Report convicted the President. Whats wrong with you? You don't know that a report can't take action by itself. It takes people in power to use the report, take it to a Grand Jury and get an indictment and a convictions. The report provides evidence for numerous people around Trump that committed crimes. They were charged and convicted now are either awaiting sentencing, have already served their time, are awaiting their sentencing or are stil in prison. Trump can't be charged while in his office but there is plenty of evidence in the report that can result in an indictment by a Grand Jury for obstruction of justice and breaking election campaign law when he is no longer in office. . He can avoid it if the next President pardons him.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
For crying out loud, read a freakin' newspaper. This stuff isn't secret or mysterious. It's been reported in multiple sources.

Here's a source so pro-Trump that Democrats won't even talk to it anymore: Sondland, Trump's appointee, changes testimony to say there was clear quid pro quo

If you won't read things, there's no help for you.
Did the Ukraine provide the public anti-corruption statement that they had alledgedly been discussing for many weeks?

Oh the Sheeple and their gullibility for the Fake News.

Sep 2019
Idaho
For crying out loud, read a freakin' newspaper. This stuff isn't secret or mysterious. It's been reported in multiple sources.

Here's a source so pro-Trump that Democrats won't even talk to it anymore: Sondland, Trump's appointee, changes testimony to say there was clear quid pro quo

If you won't read things, there's no help for you.
For crying out loud get a clue. It's a leftist reporter saying Sonland said there was a clear quid pro quo.That's his interpretation of what Sonland said not a direct quote.

Reactions: John T Ford