Transgender Day of Remembrance

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
IDK because there are still transvestites. In fact I knew a guy who now dresses like a woman sometimes and paints his nails and such. But he isn't TG. So, if police are identifying his body they'd be wrong to go by his dress and right to go by his anatomy.
What is wrong with this post? It's the truth.

Sep 2015
Oregon
IDK because there are still transvestites. In fact I knew a guy who now dresses like a woman sometimes and paints his nails and such. But he isn't TG. So, if police are identifying his body they'd be wrong to go by his dress and right to go by his anatomy.
I know a super-nice TG girl. If I saw her on the street (and didn't know her), I'd just assume she was a chunky dude who had facial hair issues.

Snikitz

Former Staff
Mar 2011
Split between Minnesota and New Orleans
I hate this time of year. I tend to socially hibernate until new year's eve because TDOR, Thanksgiving and Christmas are difficult for me.

And since I think suicides should be included:

65 transgender people are known have been killed or committed suicide in the last year most likely as a direct result of being transgender. :/

This is why I hate November in particular. I'm going to be seeing nothing but reminders of this for the entire month on Facebook, and reminders of other trans people who are mourning the holidays because they are excluded from their families and children in some cases..... :(
I see the loss of any life to be tragic and I would like to remind everyone;

National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273 TALK (8255)

Christian Suicide Prevention 888-667-5947 or E-mail contact[MENTION=6360]christian[/MENTION]suicideprevention.com

Gay and Lesbian Suicide prevention 1-866-4-U-TREVOR

I would also point out that 22 veterans a day commit suicide.

Veterans Suicide Prevention l 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.

Snikitz

Former Staff
Mar 2011
I hate this time of year. I tend to socially hibernate until new year's eve because TDOR, Thanksgiving and Christmas are difficult for me.

65 transgender people are known have been killed or committed suicide in the last year most likely as a direct result of being transgender. :/ (

Not to diminish your point because it is disheartening when young people commit suicide, but in just 3 days this week 66 veterans will commit suicide.

By stepping out of the box, looking at total numbers, perhaps we can help the most people.

Re why I posted a suicide prevention line for LGBT people in my last post.

Jan 2014
California
Ms. Coyote,

Love this time of the year as the weather turns crisp, and snow starts to accumulate in the Sierra, and indication of the type of ski season it will be. It's havest time, so great hearty meals and hot toddies. Thanksgiving means time with my family, then off to Colorado for a weekend of skiing. Crab season begins, although this year there was an algae bloom which might shut it down this year. College and professional football starts to get interesting. In a couple of weeks I brew my Christmas beer, then holiday parties, shopping and being out and about, the Smuin Ballet Christmas show, Christmas with family and friends, leading to a great new years party, and finally a day of rest, reflectingo on the great year I've had.

Dec 2006
required field
If the lipstick doesn’t look as good on me outside as it did in the store, if it gives anyone the impression that I’m not in control of my femininity (or trying to broadcast my variance upon the hapless bystander), the bus might not stop for me. The interviewer might not give me the job. The server at the one place on this street I can afford to have a working lunch like the non-broke daywalkers do, the doctor at the one appointment I can afford this month – the slightest perceived misstep in feminine presentation makes many an enemy of the people you rely on for day-to-day life.
When you're trans, every choice to be more feminine could mean life or death | Jetta Rae | Comment is free | The Guardian

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
People are assholes, and the more hateful among them can make life hell for people who are "different" in any way. I think people who commit suicide because of that are letting the assholes win. It's tragic and unnecessary, but in the end, someone's decision to end their life is theirs alone.

And we now know that deaths due to suicide and substance abuse in the US have increased in middle aged white people.

Death Rates Rising for Middle-Aged White Americans, Study Finds

Looks like lots of people are unhappy for all kinds of reasons. I have no answers for any of them.

Snikitz

Former Staff
Mar 2011
People are assholes, and the more hateful among them can make life hell for people who are "different" in any way. I think people who commit suicide because of that are letting the assholes win. It's tragic and unnecessary, but in the end, someone's decision to end their life is theirs alone.

And we now know that deaths due to suicide and substance abuse in the US have increased in middle aged white people.

Death Rates Rising for Middle-Aged White Americans, Study Finds

Looks like lots of people are unhappy for all kinds of reasons. I have no answers for any of them.
Well said!

Top number 1 reason not to commit suicide?

Live on if only to piss someone else off.