Transgender Day of Remembrance

Dec 2006
required field
If a transgender is attacked or killed solely because they are transgender, under current law or standards, would it be considered and prosecuted as a hate crime. If not, it certainly should be.
Hate crimes are devilishly hard to prove, as they should be. It would be better if people reacted to the killing of a transgender person the same as they would the blonde Becky down the street from them. Then hate crime legislation wouldn't be necessary.

Jan 2014
California
If a transgender is attacked or killed solely because they are transgender, under current law or standards, would it be considered and prosecuted as a hate crime. If not, it certainly should be.
Mr. Wahoo,

True, but the dude killed by this guy in Texas was probably killed because he was a prostitute, not because he was dressed like a woman.

Dec 2006
required field

This is by far the worst time of year for trans people, except perhaps for Christmas. Not only are we no longer welcome to gather with our families over the holidays, we're reminded how much of the world wishes harm upon us, and how many of us have been killed or taken their own lives due to transphobia.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio

This is by far the worst time of year for trans people, except perhaps for Christmas. Not only are we no longer welcome to gather with our families over the holidays, we're reminded how much of the world wishes harm upon us, and how many of us have been killed or taken their own lives due to transphobia.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish I could say something to give you some hope, but the climate in this country has become so intolerant it's off the charts and I really don't know what is to become of us if people don't stop.