Transgender Files $50K Complaint After Muslim Woman Refuses to Wax Genitals

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Most people were worried more about the junk than the law.

Lets take the states and take Caitlyn Jenner as an example. If Caitlyn went to a spa to have her junk waxed...the law in Ca says she needs to be treated like every other customer regardless of her sexual identity.

If the spa takes women customers and works on their junk, they are by state law required to work on Caitlyn's junk.

EEOC law states that the employer should do his most to accommodate Caitlyn and the technician without causing the employer undue burden. If a Muslim or Christian women refused to work on Caitlyn's junk, the employer would have to accommodate their religious objections and find an employee that did not have a religious objection to people with a differing mode of gender identification.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Most people were worried more about the junk than the law.

Lets take the states and take Caitlyn Jenner as an example. If Caitlyn went to a spa to have her junk waxed...the law in Ca says she needs to be treated like every other customer regardless of her sexual identity.

If the spa takes women customers and works on their junk, they are by state law required to work on Caitlyn's junk.

EEOC law states that the employer should do his most to accommodate Caitlyn and the technician without causing the employer undue burden. If a Muslim or Christian women refused to work on Caitlyn's junk, the employer would have to accommodate their religious objections and find an employee that did not have a religious objection to people with a differing mode of gender identification.
It's a bit different I think because this place does not do any balls. Regardless of the person who has them. They do not wax male genitalia. If there is discrimination, it's against all men too, because when men call they are also told they do not do that.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I guess like the Canadian Muslim Barber that didn't do female hair, he had to hire someone that could be on call for the one female who insisted on being a customer. I think that is a terrible thing to force a business to do, when there are plenty of places that do wax male junk. All the men find other places, why do that to these people?

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Some of the details conflict in various articles, but in this case both could be true. One says they never wax male gentalia, only things like arms and backs. Presumably, they'd do legs if asked, but:

According to the filed complaint, the trans woman tried to get a body waxing at Mad Wax beauty spa in March but was turned away when no one was available to perform the waxing. The employee who typically waxes male customers was out on sick leave, and the other employee working, a Muslim woman, refused, as she will not make physical contact with any male she is not related to.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30807/transgender-woman-sues-muslim-amanda-prestigiacomo

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
On the other hand, Windsor is just over the river from Detroit. Maybe some crazy blew over in the wind.
LOL...I used to party a lot in Windsor back in the day because the drinking age was only 19 in Canada. There is plenty of crazy that blows from that direction, along with bigotry. Some of the crazy that Windsor did not want to blow in was black people. If you want an example of white privilege, this is a good one. The lines would be long crossing the bridge or going through the tunnel and as my friends and I would burn a fatty while waiting, we would see all of the cars pulled over for inspection by border control...the majority of the people pulled over were black. My Dad was in the trucking industry and sent a lot of freight into Canada. He had one black truck driver who refused to cross into Canada because they would detain him for hours as they searched the truck and the white drivers knew border patrol officers by name and they would just wave them through.

Reactions: 2 people

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
The CEO needs to shut up and hire a lawyer.

"All clients regardless of sex, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation are welcome," Carruthers said. "However, we also welcome staff members and respect their religious beliefs and feelings of safety and dignity in regards to the right not to perform waxing services on males or male genitals."

Those two sentences are not reconcilable. Either they "welcome all clients regardless of sex," or they "do not provide waxing services to males."