Transgender Russian Seeks Freedom In Spain

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto

I wrote about this case before, back then: Woman loses kids over suspected sex change

Back then, as Yulia

Back then, she had blogged about transgenders and their issues; but herself did not identify as one. Frankly, the way the case was then presented, and I also assumed, she was NOT herself any kind of trans, just, her boobs were too big and interfering with her enjoyment of life and so she had a reduction, but the authorities then suspected other things...

And now, the person is in Spain, and is a transgender, named "Francis", of all things (Why "Francis", I wonder??? That's about as un-Russian a name as it gets...) seeking asylum or what not...

Very strange case... I guess the authorities in Russia were actually right about this one, for once. Which doesn't, of course, justify seizing their kids and all that...

Reactions: Madeline
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

I wrote about this case before, back then: Woman loses kids over suspected sex change

Back then, as Yulia

Back then, she had blogged about transgenders and their issues; but herself did not identify as one. Frankly, the way the case was then presented, and I also assumed, she was NOT herself any kind of trans, just, her boobs were too big and interfering with her enjoyment of life and so she had a reduction, but the authorities then suspected other things...

And now, the person is in Spain, and is a transgender, named "Francis", of all things (Why "Francis", I wonder??? That's about as un-Russian a name as it gets...) seeking asylum or what not...

Very strange case... I guess the authorities in Russia were actually right about this one, for once. Which doesn't, of course, justify seizing their kids and all that...
Very sad.

Reactions: The Man