Transgender Teen Stabs Parents to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Inappropriate Content
A teenager who told authorities she 'snapped' and killed her parents while struggling with gender identity and acceptance was sentenced Tuesday to 40 years in prison.

Andrea Balcer, 20, who was known as Andrew at the time of the fatal stabbings, asked for forgiveness from her remaining family members, many of whom had called for the maximum penalty.

'I do not speak today to beg for lenience or to try to save myself from due punishment. I'm here only to ask for one thing, the forgiveness of my family,' she said.

Her attorney argued that the teenager was dealing with her transition from male to female in isolation and without family support at the time of the killings.

She had no criminal record before the violence early on Oct. 31, 2016, in the family's Winthrop home.

Transgender teen is sentenced to 40 years for stabbing parents to death | Daily Mail Online

This is the results of pretending like Transgender behavior is normal.

Leaving this kind of mental illness untreated ... or even worse, pretending it is normal can lead to tragic outcomes such as this because it leaves other more dangerous disorders untreated.

I am not saying being Transgender makes one a murderer.

What I am saying is that pretending Transgender is normal can often times lead to not treating or diagnosing other more serious mental disorders.

I believe that is exactly what happened in this case.

Last edited:
Feb 2015
sadness
from what i see he was he when he committed the crimes. Im going he is saying "trans" so he gets special treatment in jail.

he killed the dog.... really the dog was not "supportive" of long hair and makeup????..... what a load of bullshit.

sick in the head is sick in the head.....

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
from what i see he was he when he committed the crimes. Im going he is saying "trans" so he gets special treatment in jail.
He claimed he " 'snapped' and killed her parents while struggling with gender identity and acceptance" and did not ask for any leniency based on that fact.

he killed the dog.... really the dog was not "supportive" of long hair and makeup????..... what a load of bullshit.
Nor does stabbing one's parents to death.

Yes it is ....

And, I suspect it was masked based on his gender confusion issues.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto

I suppose, in theory, it is possible he is claiming to be trans, now, in the hope of being sent to a female prison instead of male one, because feels it is safer and more comfortable or whatever...

But, it does usually take some sort of an extreme breakdown for a child to murder own parents, that's for sure... It is rarely a fully rational action.

Aug 2016
CA
Claiming confusion of gender identity is not an excuse for murder. From what his sibling says, the parents were accepting of his wish to act like a woman.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I suppose, in theory, it is possible he is claiming to be trans, now, in the hope of being sent to a female prison instead of male one, because feels it is safer and more comfortable or whatever...

But, it does usually take some sort of an extreme breakdown for a child to murder own parents, that's for sure... It is rarely a fully rational action.
The perp didn't ask for any leniency nor did he receive any.

And, I agree 100% .....

Anyone capable of stabbing their own parents to death are very deeply disturbed individuals.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Claiming confusion of gender identity is not an excuse for murder. From what his sibling says, the parents were accepting of his wish to act like a woman.
I think this was the problem.

Gender confusion is not normal and should not be treated as so.

Feb 2015
sadness
He claimed he " 'snapped' and killed her parents while struggling with gender identity and acceptance" and did not ask for any leniency based on that fact.

Nor does stabbing one's parents to death.

Yes it is ....

And, I suspect it was masked based on his gender confusion issues.
I agree with the judge.... his gender status or lack there of makes no difference in WHAT he did. No one cares nor should being "trans" be the excuse for actions.

Feb 2015
sadness

sad little porridge boy wont last long in mens jail. He knows it, his lawyers all know it too. Not because he is trans but because he is a little fat soft spoiled boy. So why not cry trans and demand going to a woman's prison? I really dont care where criminals feel safe or not..... sucks to be a murder and punished as such.

he was 17... that is not a child, that is an adult or in the very least should have morals and knowing right from wrong. I dont think he had a "trans" breakdown at all.... that is the defense. Ill go with spoiled boy who was told no about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.